Options

passed a+ OS today!

mastercormmastercorm Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
thanks to everyone who posted all kinda of useful stuff here. the practice exams were great too. the OS was def. harder than the Core, i think, and i was prepared for it. I still got hit with stuff I'd never heard of too, and I read 3 different books.
Working towards MCSE w/Security, then CCNA, then CCSP, and, eventually CISSP

Comments

• Options
    Orion82698Orion82698 Member Posts: 483
    Awesome job!!!

Feels great, doesn't it? :D
    WIP Vacation ;-)

Porsche..... there is no substitute!
  • Options
    kujayhawk93kujayhawk93 Member Posts: 355
    Congrats! What's next?
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    next is network+, i'm taking the class now. Got a midterm tue too, so no rest for the weary I guess (cept to watch football, go pats). Then i gotta get a job in southern NH. I know a few people in IT, so i've given out some resumes to them and i'm hoping they pull through. Anyone have any tips of tricks for finding a job?
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Congratulations!

finding a job?? Make looking for a job a full-time job until you get a good one. You may need to take something 'so-so' unti you land the one you want, but it's 100% easier to find a job when you have one.

Otherwise, start networking. Join local business groups and mingle, check with college campus recruitment centers and making cold calls.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    yea, that's what i'm pretty much doing. just sending out resumes and keeping my school updated, as they help me find a job too. it'll be easier once i actually graduate though, and have a few other certifications on my resume to make it look nicer. even a so-so job is better than what i'm doing now anyway. -nothing's worse than construction, especially in the winter. lol. i'd be happy enough just working indoors.
  • Options
    gsogeekgsogeek Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What are some things you saw on the test that weren't in your books or websites you used to study?
    I experienced the same thing with the hardware test. Most of the stuff had to do with really in depth SCSI questions. I did pass (660), but I after studying my butt off, the test still threw me a few curve balls.
  • Options
    djmayadjmaya Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Great job.
    Jedi never stop training......
  • Options
    SteelySteely Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

The OS test questions I thought were really cryptic. The guy who sets up my test told me that he rarely see people passing the test the first time because they get blind-sided by the strange questions.
  • Options
    yea, there were some unusual questions....what kills me, is that fot $300+ they give u a friggin card and a certificate for your wall. what a racket that is. i should've studied business instead and learned how to open a test-taking center.
  • Options
    jgpcin2004jgpcin2004 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi just passed the Os exam today, thanks for the great stuff submitted in this forum.
  • Options
    congrats. i'll pose the same question to you as someone else just asked me: what do you plan to do now?
  • Options
    7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    CONGRATS!!!!!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
  • Options
    TKALTKAL Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    GREAT JOB...CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!