ITIL 4 Study Guide Publication Date

Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
There have been a few people on this forum asking me about an updated version of my ITIL Foundation Essentials exam prep book now that ITIL 4 has been released. I'm happy to confirm it will be published on Monday June 3rd and you can read more about it here: https://www.itgovernancepublishing.co.uk/product/itil-foundation-essentials-itil-4-edition

As with the v3 edition of this book, it's just the facts you need to pass the exam, no more and no less. There's a longer book coming soon that covers the practices that aren't in the Foundation syllabus and gives a bit of practical advice so I'll update this thread when I know the publication date for that.
Tagged:

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    NIce thanks you!
  • BarbaradsBarbarads Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Oh! thank you very much!
  • stephenjakimstephenjakim Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey Claire, I've noticed that the new Foundation Essentials book published only contains ~63 pages and the v3 version (green book) contains ~115 according to amazon kindle format. With extra topics included in the new 4, is the content still available to use this book as a means to pass the test? (hopefully you're able to understand what I'm asking, pretty tired at the moment). I was originally planning on getting the v3, but figured I'd get the 4 instead and was going to use your Essentials book to study for the test
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Hi Stephenjakim, the new book is a bit shorter because the content in the ITIL 4 Foundation syllabus is also shorter - there's a lot less detail around some of the individual processes and the focus is more on value systems and higher level principles. The book is an official AXELOS licensed product which means it has been reviewed by their subject matter experts and has the stamp of approval for giving you everything you need to know to pass the test. 

Hope that helps, good luck with your studies and catching up on sleep :-)
    And the 'big book' is live as of today as well - this one has all the ITIL Foundation prep content plus some reflections on my own experiences. It's meant to take you beyond the exam and support you in your career as a service management practitioner as well. 

Available on Amazon or via the publisher: https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/product/itil-4-essentials-your-essential-guide-for-the-itil-4-foundation-exam-and-beyond
  • whotimewhotime Member Posts: 122 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And the 'big book' is live as of today as well - this one has all the ITIL Foundation prep content plus some reflections on my own experiences. It's meant to take you beyond the exam and support you in your career as a service management practitioner as well. 

Available on Amazon or via the publisher: https://www.itgovernance.co.uk/shop/product/itil-4-essentials-your-essential-guide-for-the-itil-4-foundation-exam-and-beyond
    so do you need to buy both books or does this book contain the essentials content as well?

WGU BS: IT-Security
    In Progress: C170, C246
    To Be Completed: C247, C299, C697, C698, C435, C436, C179
    Hi @whotime you don't need to buy both books, they each have what you need to pass the foundation exam. Thanks Claire