Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    UrbanBob said:
    What is daily work like? what issues do you deal with or tech do you use? Is it mostly support calls?
    Depends on the site, if you have a good understanding of what the job description ask for, you should be good to go.
    V/R

• Options
    Tech_123Tech_123 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a question about security clearances.  Lets say company A offers you a job and you submit your SF86 for the clearance.  Before the interim results are returned company B offers you a better job.  Can you move forward with company B?  Will that result is the clearance process starting over from the beginning with company B?  

BTW I am not in this situation I am just curious should it happen.  
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Tech_123 said:
    I have a question about security clearances.  Lets say company A offers you a job and you submit your SF86 for the clearance.  Before the interim results are returned company B offers you a better job.  Can you move forward with company B?  Will that result is the clearance process starting over from the beginning with company B?  

BTW I am not in this situation I am just curious should it happen.  

Depends on where in the process you are. Most of the times yes you will have to restart if you havenet been given the clearance 
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I'd suggest to wait at least for an interim before switching jobs. Once interim is granted, a company can take over the process with their "cage codes".

Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Wireman83Wireman83 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So like many I want to go overseas to make some money. I’ve read every page of this thread. I applied to Vectrus the other day, after coming across a job posting that matched my skill set and googling the company name and finding this conversation. I’m a wire guy, coax cat5/6 fiber, that’s a basic description as I also do lan, routers etc. Since this place seems to have a lot of answers to questions, does anyone know the ballpark wage of telecom tech? 
  • Options
    probably around $20-25/hr. If the job falls under DoD 8570 you'll need a ccna and security+

With the attached salary calculator, you can punch in your numbers and get an idea for compensation. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Wireman83 said:
    So like many I want to go overseas to make some money. I’ve read every page of this thread. I applied to Vectrus the other day, after coming across a job posting that matched my skill set and googling the company name and finding this conversation. I’m a wire guy, coax cat5/6 fiber, that’s a basic description as I also do lan, routers etc. Since this place seems to have a lot of answers to questions, does anyone know the ballpark wage of telecom tech? 
    It all depends on location really. Afghanistan makes more then Kuwait.
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So I just found out that the position I was slated for is no longer available. My recruiter mentioned that there's a decent amount of turnover and likely another slot will open up. My question is, will this put a hold on my clearance process or will it continue on since I'm still "in limbo"?

Also, does anyone know who the recruiter for the USFOR-A contract is? There's an open position that I'd like to know a bit more about but my recruiter was in the dark as to who it may be. The job code is PEN001323 if that helps at all.

Thank you
  • Options
    So I just found out that the position I was slated for is no longer available. My recruiter mentioned that there's a decent amount of turnover and likely another slot will open up. My question is, will this put a hold on my clearance process or will it continue on since I'm still "in limbo"?

Also, does anyone know who the recruiter for the USFOR-A contract is? There's an open position that I'd like to know a bit more about but my recruiter was in the dark as to who it may be. The job code is PEN001323 if that helps at all.

Thank you
    That's what i've noticed from the hiring process they slot several more candidates then what is required so if others fall through, they can rotate to the next qualified and candidate closer to meeting deployment requirements. Also for those who haven't gone through CRC, you're competing with guys internally who may be moving around etc. It cost a company much less to get a qualified internally then externally. As far as your clearance, unless your listed under the companies contract number I believe there is a pause, but that would honestly be an OPM question. From my point of view if you're hiring 15 people for the same slot, you're not actually applying for those clearances until they have successfully completed CRC.
    V/R

• Options
    Speghetty said:
    Wireman83 said:
    Speghetty said:
    Wireman83 said:
    It depends if you look at it based on amenities as well and what's provided to those in Kuwait.
    V/R

• Options
    For those who are still waiting for positions to openup or whatever the case may be, if you haven't made it to CRC and completed all your medical processes etc, after a certain amount of time, they (Vectrus/Government) may require you to complete all of this task again.
    V/R

• Options

Thank you
    That position isn’t in Kuwait it is in Afghanistan.
  • Options
    Speghetty said:

Thank you
    That position isn’t in Kuwait it is in Afghanistan.
    Also I believe they have someone incoming for that already 
  • Options
    Wireman83Wireman83 Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    After reading through this forum I realize that. I was just asking for a ballpark on the base wage before the percentage increase based on location. I live near a large military installation and there are plenty of jobs in my field there, but all require clearance. Trying to get clearance, but don’t want to waste my time if they pay isn’t worth leaving my family for a year just to get clearance. Haven’t found a gig on base that sponsors new clearance yet. 
  • Options
    akatsuki91akatsuki91 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I’ve watched this thread for years now and am finally trying to get overseas. Already have a secret clearance so hopefully I can get something later this year. 
  • Options
    Wireman83 said:
    After reading through this forum I realize that. I was just asking for a ballpark on the base wage before the percentage increase based on location. I live near a large military installation and there are plenty of jobs in my field there, but all require clearance. Trying to get clearance, but don’t want to waste my time if they pay isn’t worth leaving my family for a year just to get clearance. Haven’t found a gig on base that sponsors new clearance yet. 
    Every contractor will sponsor a clearance, they don't tell you this, but all you really need is the ability to obtain a clearance. Also, you're able to apply for the job and turn it down if the offer isn't up to your expectations, I do it plenty. You really don't start any process until you accepted your initial offer. So if there is a job you're interested in, this goes for everyone on this forum, if you want to know what a position is paying with full calculations, just apply for it and cut out the middle men, which is us. As the ranges tend to change dependent on the fiscal year and inflation.
    V/R

• Options
    I’ve watched this thread for years now and am finally trying to get overseas. Already have a secret clearance so hopefully I can get something later this year. 
    Keep in mind, Vectrus isn't the only contractor, there is a plethora of contractors world wide. So put your feelers out everywhere until you get something you like. It also doesn't hurt as information provided by any contractor as far as benefits, pay etc, you can utilize later or have that in your back pocket for future use.
    V/R

• Options
    akatsuki91akatsuki91 Member Posts: 22 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    Keep in mind, Vectrus isn't the only contractor, there is a plethora of contractors world wide. So put your feelers out everywhere until you get something you like. It also doesn't hurt as information provided by any contractor as far as benefits, pay etc, you can utilize later or have that in your back pocket for future use.
    Thank! I mostly see vectrus, General Dynamics, and CACI. I used to work for Northrop but they don’t ever seem to have stuff open. When I was active duty in Afghanistan I thought I had it made with tax free money until the contractor i hung around with did the same job as me making well into 6 figures lol.
  • Options
    nuclearcknsandwichnuclearcknsandwich Member Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

Excuse the lengthy (first) post, but I want to tell my story, specifically in this thread, because I'm curious if anyone has / is doing this kind of work with a background like mine.

I've been a TE lurker for years, in fact it was instrumental in me getting several certs.

The quick end of the story is this - unusual tech background, a few years ago decided to pivot into infosec. In the past did a lot of onesie twosie 6 - 12 month contract jobs as sysadmin, net admin, touched a lot of linux and windows server etc. Taught myself to create (simple) firmware for a company I helped build. 

Last 3 years I've been stuck in a helpdesk and sysadmin role for a gov contractor (public administration, no clearance). For some reason they roll ALL IT jobs into one position.

Here's an example: a few months ago, my coworker (there's only two of us IT professionals ) and I were running cat5 in a computer lab while users were calling us non-stop needing passwords reset, "how do I find the on switch for my printer", etc.

I've spent every moment outside of work the past couple years trying to break into my first infosec role, and in the meantime kept certing up (thanks to this forum for that!)
    So far I got Net+ / Sec + / CEH / eJPT / CISSP. I'm enrolled in PWK now, trying for OSCP this year.

Got my CISSP 6 months ago. Keep getting interviews but no offers. I did part of this studying while living out of my car for a couple months about a year ago (several year relationship suddenly went kaput, no immediate family). Paid for it all out of my own pocket as there is no professional reimbursement anymore.

So, as it stands, I'm stuck in a (pretty hectic) helpdesk job, in a city where I know nobody, no family. Squeaky clean background. Hungry for real experience doing infosec. Frankly, the though of doing sysadmin / IA work on base in Afghanistan sounds like a great way to jump in to the rest of my journey while I still have half of my 30s left.

I am curious if anyone came from circumstance like mine and how it worked out for them? I submitted my resume to Vectrus this week but haven't heard anything yet.

Thanks again for all the information over the years.
    I remember every major holiday the past few years lurking here. It's been a treasure of information.

• Options
    nuclearcknsandwichnuclearcknsandwich Member Posts: 0 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey all,

Excuse the lengthy (first) post, but I want to tell my story, specifically in this thread, because I'm curious if anyone has / is doing this kind of work with a background like mine.

I've been a TE lurker for years, in fact it was instrumental in me getting several certs.

The quick end of the story is this - unusual tech background, a few years ago decided to pivot into infosec. In the past did a lot of onesie twosie 6 - 12 month contract jobs as sysadmin, net admin, touched a lot of linux and windows server etc. Taught myself to create (simple) firmware for a company I helped build. 

Last 3 years I've been stuck in a helpdesk and sysadmin role for a gov contractor (public administration, no clearance). For some reason they roll ALL IT jobs into one position.

Here's an example: a few months ago, my coworker (there's only two of us IT professionals ) and I were running cat5 in a computer lab while users were calling us non-stop needing passwords reset, "how do I find the on switch for my printer", etc.

I've spent every moment outside of work the past couple years trying to break into my first infosec role, and in the meantime kept certing up (thanks to this forum for that!)
    So far I got Net+ / Sec + / CEH / eJPT / CISSP. I'm enrolled in PWK now, trying for OSCP this year.

Got my CISSP 6 months ago. Keep getting interviews but no offers. I did part of this studying while living out of my car for a couple months about a year ago (several year relationship suddenly went kaput, no immediate family). Paid for it all out of my own pocket as there is no professional reimbursement anymore.

So, as it stands, I'm stuck in a (pretty hectic) helpdesk job, in a city where I know nobody, no family. Squeaky clean background. Hungry for real experience doing infosec. Frankly, the though of doing sysadmin / IA work on base in Afghanistan sounds like a great way to jump in to the rest of my journey while I still have half of my 30s left.

I am curious if anyone came from circumstance like mine and how it worked out for them? I submitted my resume to Vectrus this week but haven't heard anything yet.

I remember every major holiday the past few years lurking here. It's been a treasure of information.

• Options
    Don’t expect to hear back from them anytime soon they take their time will lll processes.
  • Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I did everything Vectrus asked me to do and once all 28 or 29 steps were completed my recruiter hit me with this....

Dear Brandon,

Currently we don’t have any Opening for Service Desk  & ADPE Technician  for  any location . But the positions will open very soon, but we can’t give any time frame when it will be Open.

Please stand by.

Now I'm just waiting and frustrated. I'm almost approaching a month since the email was sent to you. 

Are there any other companies yall would recommend for someone who's trying to get overseas and is IAT Level II certified...

Thanks

• Options
    Medical is good for 90 days. I've heard that is a lot of personnel shuffle in the fall, so I'd probably just wait. I don't think anyone else would get you there faster especially if all onboarding is done. 

• Options
    Hey all,

I think the whole clearance thing may be difficult to get you in, also with the mass amount of people trying to get in, someone with a clearance will take priority over you, your best bet is to find a contractor stateside to sponsor you, then once you get your full then come to the Middle East. The peace talks will also play a major role in fourth coming months, if everything is positive, then then it could be a withdrawal, keep in mind the Middle East and Vectrus aren't the only contractors in the world. With that being said you could go DOD as well. But nowadays with OPM and contracting companies, aquiring a clearance is much more tedious and difficult once you make it through the pipeline.
    V/R

• Options
    cinthia101cinthia101 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    I have even thought about taking the job like this one However, this would mean that I would have to move my family, my house and my car. Or, maybe, if I moved for the job I would be able to find a car there. I think I will be looking into taking the vacancy and check out the Jacars.net for a car in the area. 
  • Options
    I have even thought about taking the job like this one However, this would mean that I would have to move my family, my house and my car. Or, maybe, if I moved for the job I would be able to find a car there. I think I will be looking into taking the vacancy and check out the Jacars.net for a car in the area. 
    Where is the position located? If it is in Afghanistan you are not going to get any of those.
  • Options
    MaritzaJMaritzaJ Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Does anyone know the email for a recruiter so I can ask about an application I put in for Kuwait ? I looked online & it said to join the chat discussions but when I click on it says that webpage doesn’t exist 🤦🏽‍♀️
  • Options
    MaritzaJ said:
    Does anyone know the email for a recruiter so I can ask about an application I put in for Kuwait ? I looked online & it said to join the chat discussions but when I click on it says that webpage doesn’t exist 🤦🏽‍♀️
    If no one reached out yet, it just means that they are over staffed at the moment. You can try LinkedIn and message someone there but I wouldn't expect much there.

• Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Just got off the phone with a hiring manager from Vectrus who said I should be receiving an offer letter from a recruiter tomorrow for an IT SUPPORT POSITION in Kuwait. Hopefully, everything will work out with my medical exam and I'll be on a plane soon. 
  • Options
    BeatOnTheWaterBeatOnTheWater Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats @BranHard5. See you in Kuwait soon.

And for those who would like to get a position with Vectrus, this is best time to apply as we just got the LOGCAP V CENTCOM contract.