Azure MTA and AWS Cloud practitioner on resume

psytek000psytek000 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
What are your thoughts on putting the Azure MTA and AWS Cloud practitioner certifications on a resume for an intro cloud position? Currently have 7+ years of network engineering experience and looking for a future position in the cloud

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Why would you not put them there?
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    "My thoughts" it will help you get the job. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • vCISO2017vCISO2017 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    Resume\CV gets you an interview, interview gets you the job - go for it - only add's value.
    CITP | CCSP | CCSK | AWS CCP | VCP | CISM | CGEIT | CIPM | PMP | MCSE, etc.......
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    put them down, you earned them.

Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • psytek000psytek000 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I was thinking that these are intro (hence negligible) certs that wouldn't necessarily do anything for my resume. Appreciate the feedback!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Checking the check boxes. Most HR people don't know the difference of the various AWS certs, they just want to know if you have experience with AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod

Ah yes! I can see the email already from the random recruiter:

“Dear Psytek000, You have an impressive profile that caught my eye. Based on your AWS certification you seem like a perfect fit for our Senior Cloud Architect role that just opened up. You will be responsible for designing highly available and secure cloud systems for our top client, a Fortune 100 company who is a leader in $industry. I can put you in front of the hiring manager this week.”

Something like that.

• psytek000psytek000 Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hahaha that is absolutely the kind of email I would get! That is also another reason why I would be hesitant to put any Cloud certs on my resume. I wouldn't want to oversell myself. My experience is only through personal accounts and labbing for exams. I guess that superficial level of experience can be explained to recruiters/interviewers after receiving above wonderful email.
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□

Ah yes! I can see the email already from the random recruiter:

“Dear Psytek000, You have an impressive profile that caught my eye. Based on your AWS certification you seem like a perfect fit for our Senior Cloud Architect role that just opened up. You will be responsible for designing highly available and secure cloud systems for our top client, a Fortune 100 company who is a leader in $industry. I can put you in front of the hiring manager this week.”

Something like that.

Pretty much that's how it works.  its up to the candidate to tell the truth. I've received many emails like that and I've had to turn them down and say no that's not what i do, you misinterpret my resume. I  use that type of feedback sometimes as motivation for future growth and trends for focusing. 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    psytek000 said:
    Thanks! I was thinking that these are intro (hence negligible) certs that wouldn't necessarily do anything for my resume.

Don't try to predict what any hiring manager might think about what's on your resume. Something non-sequitur to you might be the thing to catch the eye of a hiring manager and get you an interview. You just don't know what that might be because you are not "that hiring manager."