Options

Studying for the CRISC

ecuisonecuison Member Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
edited July 2019 in CRISC
Hello everyone!  This question is for those who have taken and passed the CRISC exam.  When looking at the QAE database, did you opt to buy the book or signup for the online QAE from ISACA?  The price for me is the determining factor if the book is sufficient enough or not.  If not, I'll bite the bullet and pay the arm and a leg for the online QAE database access.

I have asked this question in a previous thread, but didn't get any answers.

I'm going through the ISACA 6th edition review manual again before I decide on which QAE resource to purchase.

Thank you in advance and good luck to everyone else taking this exam!
Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +

Comments

• Options
    sumeetgandhisumeetgandhi Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi,

I am also on the same boat. I have just started the preparation. I have the review manual 6th ed with me. I will also wait for others to answer this query. 

-Sumeet
    ---
    With Regards
    Sumeet Gandhi
    CISA, CISM, PMP, PMI-ACP, AWS Certified Solutions Architect, Office 365, SharePoint Online, SharePoint (2016 / 2013 / 2010 / 2007), MCTS, CSM, ITIL, PRINCE2
  • Options
    Info_Sec_WannabeInfo_Sec_Wannabe Member Posts: 428 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's been a few years since I took this exam. Back then, ISACA haven't released the QAE DB yet. I know its quite expensive, but usually ISACA materials (especially their Q&A DB) are your best bet when sitting for their exams. 
    X year plan: (20XX) OSCP [ ], CCSP [ ]
  • Options
    sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am currently studying for the CRISC exam. There are questions that have nothing to do with the book. I am rethinking tacking the examine because of how bad the QAE questions are. I work with 5 or 6 people who have taken and failed this exam, some multiple times. This was after taking a class. The one person that passed did so on his third try.

So, yes, get the QAE.
  • Options
    sfportaro said:
    I am currently studying for the CRISC exam. There are questions that have nothing to do with the book. I am rethinking tacking the examine because of how bad the QAE questions are. I work with 5 or 6 people who have taken and failed this exam, some multiple times. This was after taking a class. The one person that passed did so on his third try.

So, yes, get the QAE.
    Not very comforting but going to work through it.  Thanks for sharing this.  Will have to dig extra harder to go through this mess.
    Accomplishments: B.S. - Business (Information Management) | CISSP | CCSP | TOGAF v9.2 Certified | Security + | Network +
  • Options
    Hearing about how horrible the study material is as well as the questions on the exam, make me wonder how ethical is it for ISACA to put out an exam like this. As bad as (ISC)2 CBK material was in the past, I have had no issues using that material as well as other resources (legal and NO brain ****) to pass both my CISSP and CCSP without issue.