Anyone looking to work OCONUS in the Middle East? My contract has a few open Sys Ad positions

MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I've been apart of this community for several years and it's helped me out very much so I figured that I could potentially help some guys out. I work out in Al Udied, Qatar and my contract has several positions opened. They require an MCSE 2012, Security+, and a Secret Clearance. You get your own apartment and a shared car fully paid for. The work hours are 12 hours a day five days a week. If you work overseas anything past $104k a year is not federally taxed as long as you meet the physical presence IRS tax requirement. If anyone is interested PM me to let me know. I know getting jobs are about who you know many times so I figure I could help some people out.

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    MSCE and a security clearance... working 60 hours week in the Middle East... Hopefully you get ALOT more than that 104k a year too! 
  • NadzzNadzz Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello everyone,

I've been apart of this community for several years and it's helped me out very much so I figured that I could potentially help some guys out. I work out in Al Udied, Qatar and my contract has several positions opened. They require an MCSE 2012, Security+, and a Secret Clearance. You get your own apartment and a shared car fully paid for. The work hours are 12 hours a day five days a week. If you work overseas anything past $104k a year is not federally taxed as long as you meet the physical presence IRS tax requirement. If anyone is interested PM me to let me know. I know getting jobs are about who you know many times so I figure I could help some people out.
    Hmm excellent trying to help the community members here -  I heard about the way they treat foreign workers in middle east countries. Can you please send some more info about the jobs - typical day at work, How the companies treat their workers?
    Any family benefits e-g Kids education schools do the employers pay for the kids schools. Any end of year flying back home allowances?

I heard education is very expensive and living too e-g rents.

Thanks  
  • MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Nadzz said:
    Hello everyone,

Hmm excellent trying to help the community members here -  I heard about the way they treat foreign workers in middle east countries. Can you please send some more info about the jobs - typical day at work, How the companies treat their workers?
    Any family benefits e-g Kids education schools do the employers pay for the kids schools. Any end of year flying back home allowances?

I heard education is very expensive and living too e-g rents.

Thanks  
    I'll try to clear some of what you asked up.

1. You will work on the military base. Remember, Qatar is like 90%+ expats only like less than maybe 10% are citizens. It's an extremely multicultural place. You will work for a US military contracting company so your housing in on par with that of an apartment in America and the same with the cars.

2. It's a System Administration job which deals with Active Directory, VMware, NetApp, UCS, etc. A typical work day is 12 hours a day. The company itself treats us fairly. It is long hard hours but working out here I've managed to saved quite a bit of money which leads into the third answer to your question.

3. The company pays for your housing and car. It is expensive to rent housing here but that is not a worry you will have to worry about. And since the housing is paid directly by the company it isn't counted against your taxable income which is a good thing. We also get to eat for free at the dining facility on base so essentially you have virtually no expenses which fosters an environment for you to save your money. I have been here for several years and now own several houses by saving and investing. This assignment is unaccompanied so if you're talking about education the company doesn't pay for your kids or wife to come here. You are alloted a plane ticket home once a year. But as far as education most of us do online education. If you have any other questions feel free to reach out to me.
  • BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's the name of the company you work for? I was told about a month ago that I'm in the "ready to deploy que" for Vectrus but I haven't heard anything.  I'm looking into other opportunities to get overseas. 
  • MagniciousMagnicious Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BranHard5 said:
    What's the name of the company you work for? I was told about a month ago that I'm in the "ready to deploy que" for Vectrus but I haven't heard anything.  I'm looking into other opportunities to get overseas. 
    If you have the MCSE & Security+ I can refer you and get you over here asap. PM me for details.