Mile2 CPTC V3

Batch25Batch25 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Greetings;
I would like to know if anyone has any information or has taken Mile2's CPTC exam version 3? My instructor told me that it is a practical exam that consists of 5 virtual machines that must be exploited in order to pass and you can only use Metasploit once during the exam.  There is no information about it on their official website so I am slightly confused as to where it came from.

Thank you.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    MILE2 is extremely unpopular here. Well, actually in most places. Who is "my instructor"?
  • Batch25Batch25 Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The instructor is from Mile2. 
    I noticed its unpopularity and its understandable, but it is mandatory for me to take it as per my boss's request. 
    Understandable. Their certs have been brought up a few times in my years here but they never get anywhere. One guy was trying to make a case that they were very popular in the FBI circles. My non-scientific test is to pop them into an Indeed search and see what pops up. If you go put the CPTC into indeed right now all you will get is Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator hits. That tells me all i need to know.
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Understandable. Their certs have been brought up a few times in my years here but they never get anywhere. One guy was trying to make a case that they were very popular in the FBI circles. My non-scientific test is to pop them into an Indeed search and see what pops up. If you go put the CPTC into indeed right now all you will get is Certified Procurement Transplant Coordinator hits. That tells me all i need to know.This is what I tell the eLearn Security promoters. 
     :D 

Batch25 said:
    Greetings;
    I would like to know if anyone has any information or has taken Mile2's CPTC exam version 3? My instructor told me that it is a practical exam that consists of 5 virtual machines that must be exploited in order to pass and you can only use Metasploit once during the exam.  There is no information about it on their official website so I am slightly confused as to where it came from.

Thank you.
    Ok. Just to make the conversation interesting. . . . 

The CPTC is an Advanced Pen Testing course. Do you have penetration testing experience?  I am not sure if I were to recommend a cert that has a progression of difficulty, I would start at the most advanced course. 

If YOU are so inclined to take a course from Mile2, why don't you take one of the fundamental or foundational level courses first?

To add to that, I am not sure a course that has minimal to no hits on the job board is worth $3,500...... I was trying to bring some neutral advice until I seen the price. :o

Ok, while I am here. The instructor qualifications and certifications that work for Mile2 aren't really that impressive if you ask me. I've seen more impressive qualifications with CompTia Instructors. 

https://www.mile2.com/about-us/meet-our-authors.html

As I said previously, It is mandatory for me take it. I know Mile2 is not popular and does not have any presence on the market. I just want to make the best out of this opportunity as I am not paying for this myself, my employer is.  I cleared all of the Mile2 courses on the penetration testing track except the practical exam for the CPTC because it is a complete mystery to me. 
    edited August 2019
    @Batch25

Good Luck. 

Nobody has anything positive to say or recommends it around these parts. 

To help us both out, I got on Reddit to try to find something positive. But, the people on Reddit are the same people from TechExams  :D:D:D:D:D

https://www.reddit.com/r/certifications/comments/55p3bn/what_does_reddit_think_about_mile2_information/

Write a review when you are done. Maybe it'll be helpful to somebody somewhere out in the world. You never know. Keep us posted.

I think it's a mystery to most people.  B)

Enjoy
    Write a review when you are done. Maybe it'll be helpful to somebody somewhere out in the world. You never know. Keep us posted.

This right here. I take it on to review both good and bad training. Hopefully can save someone time down the road.
    Thank you, your help is appreciated. I will keep this in mind.