AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty - Passed!

averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
Passed on Saturday, first time it took Amazon more than ~24 hours to post the certificate...anyways.  Difficult exam, not a lot of practice exams out there and the ones you do fine aren't that great or similar in depth or question complexity.

Materials used...

ACG and Linux Academy (first time using them).  If you're going for this one, I'd recommend Linux Academy.  They both cover the exact same material and they both cover it well.  The difference is that unlike every other ACG certification video, this one doesn't include virtually any slides for you to take notes from during the video.  So you'll go through sections and then realize, oh I don't have any notes.  The Linux Academy videos include a separate note deck to go along with the videos.  Linux Academy also includes labs most sections of the videos.

Again, they both cover the exact same material just as well as each other.  Watching both, like I did, won't hurt.

Like most of the certification videos, there's a little bit left for you to know that is not in the videos so be prepared to dig into the white papers and documentation a bit to get that last 15-20%.

Recommendations...

Don't rush it like I did.  I only studied for about three weeks and my score reflected it.  I don't deal with network configuration daily and haven't in quite some time other than to design overall architectures.

Now I'm only 3 away from having them all, gonna take a week off from certs and then on to Big Data.
CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner

Comments

• chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats on the pass! Good work!
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations! Awesome!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats on the pass!!! BOSS STATUS. Good luck on the next 3. I wish I could follow the same route. Unfortunately watching videos is about the least effective method of studying for me, and that'a about all there is for cloud training since books become obsolete so fast.

I just finished the ACG Sec Specialty course last weekend and am doing notes, whitepapers, FAQs until my exam on 9/6. I wanted to do the LA course for it but I just can't watch any more videos.
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Thanks everybody
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
    @JoJoCal19
    Good luck on the Security Specialty, I also find notes a better study tool for myself.  With your experience and certs, I don't imagine you'll have much trouble with it.
  • ganesan65ganesan65 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratz!! All the Best cloud computing training chennai
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations! And by the way nice signature! Wow
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Congrats on the pass! Do you work a lot in the cloud/AWS, or is this just a "nice to know" cert? I'm curious to see if you find a lot of value out of all these more specific certifications!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
    @Infosec_Sam
    Initially I started down the AWS road just to get my head around the basic services a couple of years ago.  My company was acquired at the end of last year by a much larger one, cloud migration is a target for this year and I'm leading that for our products (we're a SaaS provider).