Options

Checklists for the 70-74x exams

Benj94Benj94 Member Posts: 67 ■■■□□□□□□□

I'm looking to get back to studying, so i'm getting my prep done now so that I have a solid plan for my study.

When I studied for CompTIA certs, I found some checklists which were really granular and went into details on the topics that need to be covered for the exams. Now that I think about it, I believe I may have bought these from the Professor Messer website.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get something similar to plan my study for the 70-74x exams. The best I can find at the moment is the 'Skills Measured' section on the Microsoft website:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/learning/exam-70-740.aspx

This may do the trick, but I'm just wondering if there are any other checklists out there that people have compiled, which I may be able to refer to during my study?

Cheers.

Server and Storage Analyst
CompTIA A+
MSCA: Server 2016 - 70-710 70-711 70-712

Comments

• Options

I formatted the Microsoft checklist for 70-740, so that it can be easily checked off.

I'll attach it to my post, as it's over the character limit. May come in handy for some people in the same boat as me.

CompTIA A+
  • Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Benj94 said:

I'm looking to get back to studying, so i'm getting my prep done now so that I have a solid plan for my study.

When I studied for CompTIA certs, I found some checklists which were really granular and went into details on the topics that need to be covered for the exams. Now that I think about it, I believe I may have bought these from the Professor Messer website.

Anyway, I'm hoping to get something similar to plan my study for the 70-74x exams. The best I can find at the moment is the 'Skills Measured' section on the Microsoft website:

This may do the trick, but I'm just wondering if there are any other checklists out there that people have compiled, which I may be able to refer to during my study?

Cheers.

I never followed this idea, but I thought it was interesting:

Anthony’s IT Certification Tips – 3 of 10 – Track Your Progress

https://www.ajsnetworking.com/itcerttip3/

I like to assign a number to each item that rates my knowledge

I use the following system:

1 – I have never even heard of the technology, I have no idea what it does.

2 – I have heard of the technology before and I can provide a brief overview of it.

3 – I can describe the technology in great detail and I understand its configuration and verification, but to perform these, I need the assistance of documentation.

4 – I can perform an implementation of the technology with ease and without documentation guidance.

5 – I can troubleshoot the technology effectively.

When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    malachi1612malachi1612 Member Posts: 430 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Benj94 said:

Cheers.

The way you have formatted it in the word doc is fine.  That's the way I did it when I was studying for the exam.
    Certifications:
    MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, MCSA: Windows Server 2016, ITIL Foundation, MCSA: Windows 10, MCP, Azure Fundamentals, Security+.

• Options
    I formatted each objective list so it was easier to understand and check off during my studies. Leaving it here if anyone else needs support.

70-740

70-741

70-742
    Thanks a bunch @Skyliinez92!

CompTIA A+