Options

Failed CAS-002, do I rather wait for CAS-003?

jedimastersajedimastersa Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
So having passed my Sec+ and CySA last year, I studied for and took CAS-002 this morning.

I thought it would be in the same vein as CySA, boy was I wrong... it kicked my A$$!!! icon_redface.gif

Clearly did'nt study enough, although I thought I did, I found the questions and multiple choice very difficult as there always seemed to be more than one correct answer, obviously I ended mostly choosing the least correct one.

I espicially struggled with the labs, as with my other exams, (A+,N+,Sec+, CySA) I left them till last and ended up running out of time as I did not understand how to configure the routers etc with the cli tool provied.

I used the MasterSkill Book, I had used those for all my other ones, but don't think this was enough.

Going to have to look at getting some extra guides.

According to our testing centre here in SA the last date I can take the CASP CAS-002 exam is the 28th Sept? They quoted me $248, yet on the Comptia site I can buy a voucher for $215, I know it's only $33 but here in SA thats a lot for us.

Can I buy the voucher directly from Comptia and use it at that testing Centre?

I am thinking I should rather put more study time in with maybe the Sybex guides/textbooks and book CAS-003 when I feel I am ready again?

Comments

• Options
    ChocolatedolChocolatedol Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm sure you can buy it from CompTia and use it at the center. At least that's what I've done.
  • Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    How long did you study for? 1 mo, 3mo, 6mo+? I studied the Sec+ for 9mo due to working 60hrs wk at my job...so, I had to do it afterhours & wkends thus why it took me so long, however, I also over studied because I don't like to fail an exam. Definitely, use several different resources & follow the CompTIA objectives, go through each one & "know it" before going on to the next one. Yeah the PBQs always take me 3x to read through them to understand exactly what they are asking, it seems they need dual monitors for those - or at least IMO they do...that way I don't have to bounce back & forth looking & reading between each pop up box, if it was on different monitors, it could be easily read & understood much faster.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    bjpeterbjpeter Member Posts: 198 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hope you passed the 003 version! It has been out for a while now.
    2021 Goals (2): SSCP, eCPPT
    Achieved (27): Certified Associate in Python Programming, Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals, PenTest+, Project+, CySA+, Flutter Certified Application Developer, OCP Java EE 7 Application Developer, CCSP, OCP Java SE 11 Developer, CISSP, Linux+/LPIC-1, CCSKv4, OCE Java EE 6 JPA Developer, CSSLP, Server+, Cloud+, Arcitura Certified Cloud Professional, CASP+, Mobility+, Storage+, Android Certified Application Developer, OCP Java SE 8 Programmer, Security+, OCM Java SE 6 Developer, B.S. and M.S. in Computer Science