Options

Recommended Study Material for CSSP?

OmniManOmniMan Member Posts: 78 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am going to skip the CISSP and just go straight to the CCSP because it seems like less people have this certification and everything is going cloud.  Any recommended study materials?  I purchased the Sybex book but I am thinking it is out of date due to the content refresh.  Think this would be sufficient to pass?  I have my GSEC, CRISC, SEC +, ISACA CSX, ITIL Foundations....

Comments

• Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Obligatory question: have you checked the "passed CCSP" posts? Some of us have put details on resources and study plans.
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Obligatory question: have you checked the "passed CCSP" posts? Some of us have put details on resources and study plans.
    Reading anything older than a week is stale blasphemy! 
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    Here's a post I found from @freedom777 that provides a great breakdown of which materials worked for them!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I passed a few months ago using the following material:

CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide
    Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK
    CCSP Official (ISC)2 Practice Tests
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    royds7royds7 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    edited August 2019
    Hello everyone, 

I just passed my CCSP exam last month.

5 resources that you could use to clear your Certificated Cloud Security Professional Cert. in your 1st attempt.

for first timers - any ISC2 you take will require good knowledge about the subject, just memorizing will not help you pass the exam, being able to apply what you have learnt is important and the practice exams can help you get this experience/feeling.

Note - if you already have your CISSP then this will be a huge advantage, this did help me pass my CCSP.

For CCSP these are the resources i used. 

1. CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide (read it twice)

2. CCSP Official (ISC) 2 Practice Tests

3. wiley dot com/WileyCDA/Section/id-827755 dot html (online version of the books mentioned above) (once your able to score above 85%, it's time to take the exam)

4. udemy dot com/ccsp-cloud-security-practice-tests-400-total-questions/ (once your able to score above 85%, it's time to take the exam)

5. The Official (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK - i only read Appendix B - Glossary & took the Practice Question's after each chapter.

During the exam - I noticed the first 20 questions were difficult, also lengthy some of them. star mark them move on with the rest. at the end you always have time to recheck.