Anyone invest in crypto currency?

15678911»

Comments

• RakuraiRakurai Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm still holding what I got. Coindesk had an article on it yesterday about the Chinese/lunar new year and the trends from January/February the past couple of years. Hopefully when the new year is over with things will pick back up.

article link: https://www.coindesk.com/bitcoin-sees-bull-reversal-ahead-of-chinese-new-year/

Also got to keep an eye on all the talks of regulations, that might have an impact for this year.
  • hurricane1091hurricane1091 Member Posts: 919 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Compared to December's peak and the recent slump, I went down over 80 percent (but was still up 500 percent compared to original investment, but that sounds poor compsred to that fact that it up over 2500 percent).

Anyways, I feel like I was to greedy personally. Things seem to be recovering, I'll be cashing some out along the way this time
  • lacagrl17lacagrl17 Member Posts: 40 ■■■□□□□□□□
    a lot of the people i know who've invested in it are just holding on for long term investments
  • TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Compared to December's peak and the recent slump, I went down over 80 percent (but was still up 500 percent compared to original investment, but that sounds poor compsred to that fact that it up over 2500 percent).

The best advise I can give is sell enough to cover your original investment, this way there is no down side. As for the best time sell, it's almost impossible to time the market to sell at the peak. Don't kick yourself because you didn't sell last week, or you sold and didn't wait two more weeks when it really peaked.
    Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • SanErSanEr Member Posts: 17 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I started using cryptocurrency not long ago. Frankly speaking, I regret that I didn't decide to invest in Bitcoin several years ago as its price increased. Also cryptocurrency has become more popular and accessible. There are many services that can be paid with the help of crypto. Of course, I have to keep up to date with the latest events in this sphere. Usually I check a review platform for crypto coommunity Revain - revain.org in order to read reviews on cryptocurrencies and find out the latest news. It is great to learn from other people's experience, so I find this source to be really helpful. What about you, guys? What sites to you check to stay informed?
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Bitcoin is rising again. Time to cash out life savings and go all in again.  :#
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Been watching/trading it for years.  (just trade a small amount for fun.  Aka. I'm not that profitable and I keep my day job)  Definitely don't think crypto currencies are going to revolutionize anything as there are safer and faster ways to make transactions.  By safer I mean if you lose access to or someone else gets access to your account you aren't completely screwed.   Its interesting to watch though. 
  • mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
     Definitely don't think crypto currencies are going to revolutionize anything as there are safer and faster ways to make transactions.  By safer I mean if you lose access to or someone else gets access to your account you aren't completely screwed.   Its interesting to watch though. 
    That's my issue with Cryptos as well. Imagine getting your wallet hijacked worth thousands or millions. I can see the use for it if you need anonymity or in areas of heavy government crackdown on cash and regulations. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux