Options

CASP Certification Requirements

mcnguyenmcnguyen Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited September 2019 in CASP+

I got my BS in Computer Science and MS in Cyber Security. I had been a software engineer for more than 20 years, and I am currently a cyber engineer for 6 months. I don't have Security+ certification or any cyber security certifications at this time. I want to take CASP exam at the end of this year, but some of my co-workers say the CASP exam is difficult for me because I don't have 10 years of IT experience. Some of my co-workers suggest me to take CISA exam. I'm more a technical person. I'm not sure I'm bored when studying for CISA exam. I read CASP books and most topics are very familiar to me.  I don't configure the routers, switches, or other network devices at work or home. I took networking class in college but haven't had a chance to deal with networking issues in real life. I wonder there is anyone with software development background in here who took CASP exam and found it easy or difficult. I am also looking for CASP bootcamp/training in Southern California. Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks much for your help. 
Michael

Comments