Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    murfman said:
    I want to know how long the clearance process takes with Vetrus. I accepted an offer some months ago and waiting on their security department to process my security clearance paperwork.
    Depends some people it is quick some take forever
  • Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    murfman said:
    I want to know how long the clearance process takes with Vetrus. I accepted an offer some months ago and waiting on their security department to process my security clearance paperwork.
    I accepted my offer in April and the internal security team still has not sent me my paperwork to *START* the process. I decided to get another job and forget about working for Vectrus. 
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    DPrice1972DPrice1972 Registered Users Posts: 33 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just sent an email to the recruiter asking to be removed from consideration. I have better thing to do with my career than wait for a company that treats people the way Vectrus does.
    ISC(2) CISSP ~/~ ISACA CISM & CISA ~/~ CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+ ~/~  PMI CAPM ~/~ Axelos ITILv3 Foundation
  • Options
    BeatOnTheWaterBeatOnTheWater Member Posts: 10 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It takes forever to get a clearance. Defense contractors usually prefer ex mil or people with active clearances because in my opinion, your knowledge and skills can only get you to your dream job, but not on the most hostile places on earth. I myself had applied for SF85 (Public Trust) since I am a foreign national, and it's been 3 months now with no word from the Security Dept. Just imagine if it's SF86. 
  • Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I accepted my offer in April and the internal security team still has not sent me my paperwork to *START* the process. I decided to get another job and forget about working for Vectrus. 
    It's unusual for them to take so long just to initiate the paperwork. But yea, don't pass by any state side opportunities either. The whole process takes a long time.

1/3 Won't pass clearance, 1/3 won't pass medical and 1/3 will change their mind once the actual deployment nears. That's why the whole recruitment process seems like a mess, but it is what it is. 
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    Kenny23692Kenny23692 Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You cant fly out from Kabul anymore?
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Just sent an email to the recruiter asking to be removed from consideration. I have better thing to do with my career than wait for a company that treats people the way Vectrus does.
    I mean, I get the frustration. Mine took about 4 months to get the paperwork to me. But, it isn't like I had to quit my job or pay a monthly subscription while I was waiting. I knew going in that it would be a frustratingly long process. You gain nothing by ending your clearance process and lose the chance to get a security clearance.... eventually. If you can, I'd try to backtrack your withdrawal somehow. 
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, I just got a call to schedule my Occu-Med physical. I haven’t heard from anyone about my clearance, but don’t they only schedule that after your clearance came through?
  • Options
    So, I just got a call to schedule my Occu-Med physical. I haven’t heard from anyone about my clearance, but don’t they only schedule that after your clearance came through?
    No
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes you can.
  • Options
    Yes you can.
    They changed some of the requirements but yes you can just have to have approval and have to get access to the base.
  • Options
    chriscurtis83chriscurtis83 Member Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Speghetty said:
    Yes you can.
    They changed some of the requirements but yes you can just have to have approval and have to get access to the base.
    Just get a nato badge. 
  • Options
    DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What's the current contract situation?  I haven't seen any updates/announcements and it runs until the end of November.  Seems a bit weird.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    What's the current contract situation?  I haven't seen any updates/announcements and it runs until the end of November.  Seems a bit weird.
    All the bids are submitted, just waiting to see if we won.
    V/R

• Options
    mikey88mikey88 Member Posts: 495 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Xepher said:
    All the bids are submitted, just waiting to see if we won who the lowest bidder is.
    Fixed it.
    Certs: CISSP, CySA+, Security+, Network+ and others | 2019 Goals: Cloud Sec/Scripting/Linux

• Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikey88 said:
    Xepher said:
    All the bids are submitted, just waiting to see if we won who the lowest bidder is.
    Fixed it.
     :D 
     :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D  :D 
  • Options
    murfmanmurfman Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The lowest bid doesn't always win. Just look at Logcap V in Afghanistan.  
  • Options
    murfman said:
    The lowest bid doesn't always win. Just look at Logcap V in Afghanistan.  
    DI was the lowest bid, between KBR & DI
    V/R

• Options
    Yes DI was the lowest between KBR and DI. Fluor was also lower than KBR and still lost
  • Options
    murfman said:
    Yes DI was the lowest between KBR and DI. Fluor was also lower than KBR and still lost

KBR and Fluor both won part of it lol
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mikey88 said:
    Xepher said:
    Fixed it.
    That literally made me LOL
  • Options
    Kool_HunnidKool_Hunnid Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So this vectrus contract ends at the end of November?
  • Options
    So this vectrus contract ends at the end of November?
    Yes Nov 30 OMDAC is suppose to end. 
  • Options
    Kool_HunnidKool_Hunnid Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□

So just curious, how would this affect me? I accepted an offer with Vectrus back in July. I finally got my MCSA as of last night and have already completed everything is. Is it possible that there will be no employment after Nov 30? I'm still waiting to hear from the recruiter in regards to CRC
  • Options
    What I heard from the people working on the contract is that Vectrus has the contract and don't expect much change to the new contract.  
  • Options

So just curious, how would this affect me? I accepted an offer with Vectrus back in July. I finally got my MCSA as of last night and have already completed everything is. Is it possible that there will be no employment after Nov 30? I'm still waiting to hear from the recruiter in regards to CRC

Yes there is always a possibility that you will not have a job
  • Options
    murfman said:
    What I heard from the people working on the contract is that Vectrus has the contract and don't expect much change to the new contract.  
    I work on the contract and I wouldn’t say that. They are having issues with one of their other contracts that is still in protest. Which isn’t giving a good look on Vectrus, but they have also held the contract for a long time. So there is really no insight. The award is suppose to given on the 15th.
  • Options
    What other companies are bidding on this contract?
  • Options
    murfman said:
    What other companies are bidding on this contract?

All the major players GDIT, CACI, Tribalco
  • Options

There is a hiring freeze for Afghanistan 
    V/R