Options

CLF-C01 AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner

jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
I was scheduled to take the online-proctored version of the CLF-C01 today, but I wasn't able to get the proctoring tool to run on my MacBook. Basically, Pearson Vue makes you download a utility called OnVUE, apparently what they use to monitor your system to make sure you're not cheating. But anytime I opened the utility it would display an error saying another instance is already open.
I called customer service multiple times to no avail and was forced to cancel the exam. Now I have to wait a few days for my exam to be refunded before I can schedule another exam at a testing center. Obviously I wish I had just gone to a testing center to begin with, but they just came out with this capability a few weeks ago and I thought I would give it a shot
Has anybody tried to take the online version of this exam and come up with this same issue?

Comments

• Options
    shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited September 2019
    I've only used the EC Council proctored exam & they used Go to Meeting...which I wasn't aware of until I was taking the exam...I thought I could use my Linux box to take the exam, but they said it had to be windows as Go to meeting wasn't supported with linux...so, as for Pearson Vue, I am surprised they would even give a refund. 
    What did you use for training material for this AWS cloud cert?  I attempted to watch the AWS videos on my Amazon Prime account and I was like wow, how lackluster...I mean, cmon, multi-billion dollar company & they couldn't hire the best trainers to create decent material...smh 
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    It looks like Pearson bought a company called Proctorcam a couple of years back.
    https://service.proctorcam.com/system_test?customer=pearson_vue
    They're going to Windows 10 only next year. And they recommend disabling anti-virus too. Perhaps they should rebrand it to Pearson-proctologycam.

Note to self: Avoid using Pearson Vue's non-Linux compatible, garbage monitoring software and just do it at the testing center instead (which is probably running on a Windows XP machine).
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I just used it two weeks ago. Used a macbook with a windows 10 partition and no problems at all. 

I know this may sound frustrating but lets be honest, you were suppose to verify that a few days prior to your exam date and they mention that several times in the email registration. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Options
    stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    yoba222 said:

They're going to Windows 10 only next year. And they recommend disabling anti-virus too. Perhaps they should rebrand it to Pearson-proctologycam.

I was not ready to read that...bwahahahaha!
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • Options
    jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed this exam and posted my observations in this new discussion.