New filtered category view, darker theme, improved search access & more

2»

Comments

• MontagueVandervortMontagueVandervort Member Posts: 399 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thank you for returning the avatars. The other way was too impersonal and strange.

• JD20JD20 Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking wayyyy better!
  • yuddhidhtiryuddhidhtir Member Posts: 196 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I cannot see the details like - the time it was posted and member since which year. Is it possible to bring it back or its my browser issue. Other than that I am starting to like the new look.
    “Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment; full effort is full victory.”
  • MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
    @yuddhidhtir you can see that type of meta data on some views, but not all. Check this out and let me know if you can see views/comments/date-time: https://community.infosecinstitute.com/categories/tech-exams-support

We're working on getting this meta data to show in as many areas as possible. 

Re: Join date in author bio area. I just added this to my spreadsheet for our next round of edits. 
    Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Really like the filtered categories. Do you know if there is a way to view when they were last updated? On the old site I could load the main page and see which categories were highlighted with new posts. The filtered view is better for sure, but still have to click into each one to see if there is anything new in there. 
    Good suggestion! I'll add it to the list.
    Who we are | What we do 
  • slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Is there anyway to recover the certificaitons everyone had listed in their profile and that displayed under their avatar for every message? If the site is to remain "Certification" focused I think that is pretty important, not to mention it allows you to gauge the level of competence to a certain degree when people respond to questions.
    @slinuxuzer that is next on the list. :)
    Who we are | What we do 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm having a visual sorting problem with the "boombox robot" default avatar. It looks so much like an actual avatar that I can't use it to visually discern different member's posts in the same discussion thread.

I would prefer there to be a list of 8-16 default avatars that are "artistically bland" and made from a palette of drab colors. Each new member is assigned a different default avatar in the list, wrapping around when the end of list is reached. These defaults won't look like an avatar that members would choose themselves, and therefore will be easier to use for visually identifying different member's postings.

Making each member's name bigger in each posting would be a big help too. :)
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Is it possible to keep the control bar at the top of the page from disappearing when the page is scrolled down? After I have scrolled down the page I need to scroll all the way back up to the top of the page to regain access to my controls. I've always found this inconvenient.

@Infosec_Sam can you look into this for JD?  
    Who we are | What we do 
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I'm on it!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do