Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Everything is just assumptions until a final decision is made.
  • XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    They aren’t hiring in Afghanistan for Vectrus other then RNOSC positions, Kuwait and Iraq are still available, there is maby 1 opening in Iraq. I’m not sure how long this freeze is for.
    V/R

• mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Xepher said:
    They aren’t hiring in Afghanistan for Vectrus other then RNOSC positions, Kuwait and Iraq are still available, there is maby 1 opening in Iraq. I’m not sure how long this freeze is for.
    I was talking about in regards to the contract being won.
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Speghetty said:
    murfman said:
    Yes DI was the lowest between KBR and DI. Fluor was also lower than KBR and still lost

KBR and Fluor both won part of it lol
    They do that to prevent a contract protest that sometimes runs a year to resolve.
  • Kool_HunnidKool_Hunnid Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Update: With accepting the offer back in July and sending them my MCSA yesterday, I recruiter told me that the only thing left was to verify my clearance and then get scheduled for CRC once the clearance is verified. I did sign the documents yesterday that gives them access to verify my clearance. Does anyone know how long this process will take to verify my clearance? It's still active because I'm currently working for a company that requires me to be cleared. Also, would I be able to choose a CRC date once my clearance has been verified? and is it safe to say that everything is set in stone when I do get a CRC date? I haven't given my job a notice just yet, I just want to be sure that Vectrus won't renege or anything like that.
    Update: With accepting the offer back in July and sending them my MCSA yesterday, I recruiter told me that the only thing left was to verify my clearance and then get scheduled for CRC once the clearance is verified. I did sign the documents yesterday that gives them access to verify my clearance. Does anyone know how long this process will take to verify my clearance? It's still active because I'm currently working for a company that requires me to be cleared. Also, would I be able to choose a CRC date once my clearance has been verified? and is it safe to say that everything is set in stone when I do get a CRC date? I haven't given my job a notice just yet, I just want to be sure that Vectrus won't renege or anything like that.
    That's honestly something we can't determine, as most of us don't know the exact processes of Vectrus, so it's at your own accord to be honest.
    V/R

• SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    EANx said:
    Speghetty said:
    murfman said:
    Yes DI was the lowest between KBR and DI. Fluor was also lower than KBR and still lost

KBR and Fluor both won part of it lol
    They do that to prevent a contract protest that sometimes runs a year to resolve.

They still protested it what are you talking about 
    Clearance verification is quick. Ask yea you get to pick your CRC date and they usually want you to leave within a month. Also depends on when you last did your medical might be expired if it is over 90 days. Do not give a notice to your job till you are scheduled for CRC once you are scheduled you are good to put in your notice.
    Thanks. I did my medical on July 12th. 
    Thanks. I did my medical on July 12th. 
    Yea you will be fine then 
  • EVecQu8EVecQu8 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I accepted a position as a WAN Security Engineer in mid July. I completed all of the paper work in the portal the next day. The recruiter says they submitted my information to their security department in Colorado to start the clearance process but I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Its been 2 months so far. Does anyone have any idea on how much longer I will have to wait to get the clearance? I've contacted the recruiter and all they say is they don't have any time frame for how long the process will take to get started or how long it will take to obtain the clearance. 
    EVecQu8 said:
    I accepted a position as a WAN Security Engineer in mid July. I completed all of the paper work in the portal the next day. The recruiter says they submitted my information to their security department in Colorado to start the clearance process but I haven't heard anything back as of yet. Its been 2 months so far. Does anyone have any idea on how much longer I will have to wait to get the clearance? I've contacted the recruiter and all they say is they don't have any time frame for how long the process will take to get started or how long it will take to obtain the clearance. 

Clearance can take from 6 months to 2 years for new ones. There is no set time frame you just get it when you get it.
    Are there any IA positions that are open in Afghanistan by any chance? 
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats @BranHard5. See you in Kuwait soon.

And for those who would like to get a position with Vectrus, this is best time to apply as we just got the LOGCAP V CENTCOM contract. 
    Did the money increase, decrease, or stay the same?
  • BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I got an offer from Datapath yesterday for about $1k more. So, basically I'm going with whoever sends me an airplane ticket first. 
  • johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    BranHard5 said:
    I got an offer from Datapath yesterday for about $1k more. So, basically I'm going with whoever sends me an airplane ticket first. 
    You are a smart man!  ;) Accept all the offers until you get that CRC date or airplane ticket. 

A signed offer letter means something but then again a signed offer letter means nothing. 
  • DonklanderDonklander Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Anyone know of any Cyber or Incident Handling positions over in Kuwait?  I don't THINK Vectrus has any open at the moment, but I'm looking to go back over and just working on leads at this point.
    Anyone know of any Cyber or Incident Handling positions over in Kuwait?  I don't THINK Vectrus has any open at the moment, but I'm looking to go back over and just working on leads at this point.
    Clearancejobs is a good start.
    V/R

• MaritzaJMaritzaJ Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Can any of you guys that accepted a position or got an email back from a recruiter please give me their email cause I can’t seem to find one online. Thanks 
    MaritzaJ said:
    Can any of you guys that accepted a position or got an email back from a recruiter please give me their email cause I can’t seem to find one online. Thanks 
    I've previously asked recruiters if they want us to give out their emails, they indicate no-go, there is a process to get in touch with a recruiter through employees if need be, I can help you with this.
    V/R

• MaritzaJMaritzaJ Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Would you please I would really appreciate it. 
  • ToguroToguro Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am employed in Afghanistan but  currently on R&R conus. I have my golden ticket. I understand that I have to redo physicals and such for Vectrus but do I really have to go back to El Paso?
    IF you're not deployed with Vectrus or it's sub contractor then yes, you'll have to go back through CRC according to the recruitment team.
    V/R

• BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So what's the deal with getting a clearance processed through these guys? It's only been like a month but I havent even been contacted by the security department yet. I've already taken the stance to just forget about it and be happy if it happens but what's the deal? Why go through all the trouble of the interviews and stuff if they're never gonna follow up?
  • Tech_123Tech_123 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have been waiting since Feb for my clearance to start.  lol pretty lame if you ask me.  I didn't notify them that I have given up on them as I am curious as to when they will actually contact me.  lol
    I have since moved on to a new job with a clearance.  
    Good luck with your wait......

**** YIKES. Yeah good thing I've already given up. Where did you go if you dont mind me asking? I wish I had known how valuable the clearance was when I had it -_- 
  • Tech_123Tech_123 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I am getting my clearance state side.  Much easier.  Probably stay state side with this job.  
  • EVecQu8EVecQu8 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I accepted a position back in July. It took the security department about 2.5 months but they contacted me a couple weeks ago. I filled out the eQip forms and a couple days later they told me to go get fingerprinted because I'd been granted an interim. I had gotten to the point where I didn't think they were going to contact me either.You just have to be patient. They will eventually contact you. 
    Bropez said:
    So what's the deal with getting a clearance processed through these guys? It's only been like a month but I havent even been contacted by the security department yet. I've already taken the stance to just forget about it and be happy if it happens but what's the deal? Why go through all the trouble of the interviews and stuff if they're never gonna follow up?
    The contract change may be a factor.
    V/R

That was my thought tbh. I figured they just had to re bid the job, october means new fiscal year, and the cluster that is the clearance process in general also going through big departmental changes. Good thing I practiced hurry up and wait for so long