Finally took the Net+ Exam and Passed!!

Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
Happy to announce I took the Net+ exam on the 24th and passed, but barely! Thought I was well prepared after scoring consistently in the mid 80's on all my practice exams, but nothing could have prepared me for the way the questions were worded. I think I skipped the first 10 questions, but wasted a lot of time having to re-read questions is what threw me off. Having said that, I'm glad I can move forward and put my focus toward my next cert, which will either be Security+ or CCNA. Study materials i used were:  Exam Cram, Mike Meyers Net+, Lab Simulators, Todd Lammle CompTIA Net+ Study guide, and Professor Messor youtube videos.

Comments

• SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited September 2019
    Congrats on the pass! What is next on your cert agenda?
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Jay_CertifiedJay_Certified Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking either Sec+ or CCNA.  I had my A+ but let it expire by not taking my Net+ in time.
  • sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on your hard work and pass!
    Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016
    Future Goals: CAPM/PMP

• mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! Sec+ will be a good next. You will see a lot of similar terms to study.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I would recommend you try and apply Net+ to CCNA
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • Runner88Runner88 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    This is awesome, well done...I'm getting a bit despondent. I'm on Chapter 5 - Subnetting. I've so far been getting 80-90% on the practice questions at the end of each chapter, but I'm just not grasping the subnetting for some reason - really finding it difficult to understand. Do you have any advice on some guides that might explain it really simply? I've copied out the prof Messer Tables, but still not really understanding how to use them.
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    A very - belated - congrats!