Cost of the QAE Database. Any alternatives?

MayanDeltaMayanDelta Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have just registered for the CISM exam end of September.  I see a lot of you guys suggesting the ISACA QAE DB as a good prep resource.  The issue is, having just dropped $700 on the exam I am a little reluctant to spend another $400 for a 12-month subscription to the QAE DB, especially when I only need it for about 6 weeks.

Does anyone have any alternatives?  I used Transcender (now Kaplan) for my CISSP and found it useful but not sure how good it will be for the CISM exam. 

I'm also using the AIO CISM study guide.
Tagged:

Comments

• sfportarosfportaro Member Posts: 34 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you join ISACA you will receive a discount on both the exam and the QAE.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    sfportaro said:
    If you join ISACA you will receive a discount on both the exam and the QAE.
    I'm pretty sure the ironic part about that is that it costs a few hundred dollars to become a member. 
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Yes, I'm not sure that spending money to join ISACA to get a discount on the training materials actually results in less total money spent on a single certification. If you were going for multiple ISACA certs there might be a point where you would see a small, positive cost-benefit. Better to find a way to get your employer to pay for the exam or training materials or both. The pricing is targeted at employers and not individuals anyway.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    JDMurray said:
    "Better to find a way to get your employer to pay for the exam or training materials or both. The pricing is targeted at employers and not individuals anyway."
    I agree with this...
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • MayanDeltaMayanDelta Registered Users Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They're already paying for my PhD.  I didn't feel right asking for more money however, turns out once I mentioned it they offered to pick it up.  So glad they did, definitely think it's worth it.  My exam is tomorrow, so fingers crossed it helped.
  • advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Why not buy the QAE as a book? I believe it's only $150 on ISACA's website instead of the 300-400 for the DB.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • kaijukaiju Member Posts: 453 ■■■■■■■□□□
    If you buy the book, make your own vce so you can gauge your progress. Why? Because Iscaca puts the answers right below the questions in the books. I had to do this for CGEIT.
    Work smarter NOT harder! Semper Gumby!