Video Trainings?

gh0stdylangh0stdylan Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□

Good morning. I am attempting to study for the SSCP. I have the Gibson All-in-One book that I have been trying to get through. Unfortunately my time of study is usually after 10pm after father/husband duties are done and the kids are asleep. I’m finding it difficult to follow through the readings without getting sleepy. 

Is there a consensus “best” online video training for the SSCP? I’ve looked at offerings Cybary, ITProTV, Pluralsights, udemy, etc. And wanted to get your opinion before I spend the money. Just looking for opinions from people who are currently studying or have passed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I am not you, but in my case, if I feel sleepy, it will be called Death by Powerpoint.  In that case, ITPro.TV is the only one that "could" (maybe) get me awaken as the format is more TV-like. However I can't tell if the content for SSCP is good.  I did SSCP in 2018 using only the Gibson All-in-one.
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Have you considered going right to sleep instead and getting up earlier to study first thing in the morning?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    When I took the SSCP in 2016, I couldn't find any video offerings or online practice tests for this exam. The Gibson All-in-One book along with its practice questions were good enough to pass.
    I have a subscription to ITProTV and have used Cybrary in the past but since Cybrary is free, you get what you pay for. The SSCP course on ITProTV is presented by Adam Gordon. I believe he once worked for ISC2 as my company paid for my CISSP bootcamp provided by ISC and it was taught by Adam Gordon and I was able to pass the CISSP exam using that bootcamp. Hope this helps.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • SteveLavoieSteveLavoie Member Posts: 1,133 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Adam Gordon wrote the infamous CISSP CBK (the green thick ugly book). 
  • gh0stdylangh0stdylan Member Posts: 9 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for help so far. The Cybrary SSCP course requires paid subscription so hopefully it might be better.

I could go to bed earlier, but I already wake up at 6:15 so I suppose I could wake up at 4:15 for a couple hours of early quiet study. Guess I haven't been that dedicated... :)
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Adam Gordon wrote the infamous CISSP CBK (the green thick ugly book). 
    Agreed - That book was terrible. His presentation style in front of a camera is much better than that book.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • tiggerbeartiggerbear Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    I used the CBT Nuggets videos, however, they were presented from a Windows XP computer in the video--so they seem dated to me.  I haven't taken the exam yet, but hope to in next 2 weeks.  

There are some amatuer videos on YouTube.  I have played those in the background at times just to get a bit more immersed in the SSCP knowledge.  

I've also got Gibson's book, several years of experience, and have studied for the Security + exam a few years back, but never took it.  I'm considering which study question app I should get ATM.