Best Books for CISSP

dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
What are the best books for CISSP? Besides Sybex and Eleventh Hour which I already have, what are some other good recommendations of books for CISSP?

Comments

• PCTechLincPCTechLinc Member Posts: 646 ■■■■■■□□□□
    The CISSP All-in-One exam guide (originally by Shon Harris) had just about everything I needed for the exam.  The book goes WAY into depth in all the domains.  In my opinion covers more than what you need, but is good for reference.  I used that and the ones you mentioned, other than practice exams.
    Master of Business Administration in Information Technology Management - Western Governors University
    Master of Science in Information Security and Assurance - Western Governors University
    Bachelor of Science in Network Administration - Western Governors University
    Associate of Applied Science x4 - Heald College
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The CISSP All-in-One exam guide (originally by Shon Harris) had just about everything I needed for the exam.  The book goes WAY into depth in all the domains.  In my opinion covers more than what you need, but is good for reference.  I used that and the ones you mentioned, other than practice exams.
    Yeah ok, Im going to look into this

It just seems like Im missing something from all the studying Im doing with these 2 books, Im getting there, but Im just not completely sure I can pass with the information Ive gathered from these 2 books based on the practice tests Im taking
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    From what I've seen around the community, the two books you already have and the AIO guide @PCTechLinc mentioned are generally the top three recommendations. If you're ever looking for video content to go along with your book studies, I'd encourage you to check out Infosec Skills! We've got a ton of CISSP content, along with a practice exam for you to work through. We're currently running a 30-day free trial if you're interested in giving it a try!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Sybex is pretty much all you need. The 11th hour is meant more for someone with the requisite yrs of experience that need to brush up on topics they may already know but haven't worked with in a while.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • unrealbeachbumunrealbeachbum Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    An any good books for practice tests?
  • lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just search it on Amaz0n. The Sybex study guide can be bought in a bundle with 1000 extra practice questions. Those were closest to the actual exam in terms of how questions are asked so you don't get caught off guard when you take the actual exam. There are CCCure practice questions out there but they seemed more appropriate for a Sec+ exam.
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The Sybex book has some questions.
    CCCure has been updated for the new CISSP
    You may want to try Boson.
    ....just try not to use **** as they may not contain the correct answer and don't forget the Code of Ethics.