Completed All 4 ISACA Exams

mahd559mahd559 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hi All

After 3 years of hard work, I completed my last ISACA exam and got a preliminary result as Passed!

Here are my feedback about the certifications.

I felt CISM and CISA were easiest ones, followed by CGEIT, and CRISC being the most difficult one.

My study materials were reading the official book from ISACA site once and practicing the Q&A databases as much as you can.

My feelings and the experience gained are amazing. ISACA has really changed the way I look at Information Systems. It taught me how to look at the bigger picture and organization benefit.

Regards

Comments

• DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats! Completing all 4 ISACA exams is a big feat, I guess you found out the method to the ISACA madness. :) 
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Job well done. I am considering going for CRISC next year so that will mean 3/4. If my employer continues to throw money at us for continued improvement then I might join you for the ISACA sweep. 
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    Congrats!!! That's an amazing feat. 
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations! Well done! 
  • advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've already completed 3 ISACA certs and CGEIT is the only one missing.  Not counting the new Cyber cert.  I'm not doing governance work so that's the reason why I haven't taken the cert.  Just recently, I've audited one of the governance committees and it got me interested.  It's just that I'm planning to take CISSP then CCSP before considering other certs.  So for CGEIT, I will probably use ISACA books and Q & A as suggested by most passers.  Any other materials I should consider?  Thanks All.
    AnthonX
  • imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would like to know how much it cost per certifications for ISACA. I have to pay out of pocket it will kill me. Do you think it worth to be member to get small discount?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    edited September 2019
    Is there really any cost-savings on the exams by being an ISACA member? In my case for the CISM, the non-member exam registration fee is $760 and the member exam registration fee is $575--a saving of $185. However, if I join my local ISACA chapter as a new ISACA member it will cost me $180 (ISACA dues + local chapter dues + $10 new member fee). Therefore, my resulting exam discount is apparently $5. If I take additional ISACA exams during that membership period the full discount on those additional exams is realized.

However, there are a few other factors to consider for calculating the discount you may receive for your first ISACA exam. First, there are three different membership levels (professional, recent graduate, student) with three different dues pricing structures ($135, $68, and $25 respectively). Second, the annual local chapter dues vary considerably ($0-140) depending on chapter location and your membership level. Third, a new membership fee may be added ($0-30). Finally, there are additional benefits of membership to consider, such as access to online study materials, discounts in the ISACA store, and free (or very low-cost) certification training from your local chapter.

For the greatest cost savings, get your employer to foot your ISACA membership and exam fee(s). If that's not likely to happen, an ISACA student membership (requiring verifiable student identification) would be the next cheapest solution for membership, but it would not give you an exam discount better than $160 if you pay out-of-pocket.

UPDATE: Apparently there is also a $50 (both member and non-member) application processing fee needed after you pass an ISACA cert exam and apply for the certification credential. 

How ISACA gets you both going and coming

• lucky0977lucky0977 Member Posts: 218 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Regarding the annual maintenance fees, do you have to pay for each cert annually or do they modify the payment where you pay a fee which covers all four?
    Bachelor of Science: Computer Science | Hawaii Pacific University
    CISSP | CISM | CISA | CASP | SSCP | Sec+ | Net+ | A+
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    According to isaca.org:
    • $45 per cert for members and $85 per cert for non-members.
    • If you have a 3rd or 4th ISACA certification, the fee for those will be reduced to $25 for members and $50 for non-members. The first two certifications will remain at the $45/$85 rate.

• imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I will go to request more info about student discount because I don't want to pay out of pocket so much money