Options

A recruiter posed this job opportunity to me..but...

scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
Will tell me that is in my state (Maryland), but doesn't know exactly where. Wants to know if I want to move forward. Well, tell me the location first. LOL. 
Never let your fear decide your fate....

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Was he from India?   I have talked to the India recruiters, and I can hardly understand they're saying.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    No she was not from India. Said the salary was $120K. Government contract, no clearance needed. Say What? lol
  • Options
    iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Here phishy, phishy...

(There are a lot of hiring scams and phishing going on lately: https://www.darkreading.com/threat-intelligence/iranian-government-hackers-target-us-veterans/d/d-id/1335897)
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • Options
    Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I've had recruiters offer up help desk roles 4 hours away from my home town but never have they left me with an unknown as big as an entire state, lol.
  • Options
    MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    Was he from India?   I have talked to the India recruiters, and I can hardly understand they're saying.
    No she was not from India. Said the salary was $120K. Government contract, no clearance needed. Say What? lolIt's 
    The stereotypes of recruiters have risen. It's sad to say the least. It was funny at one point in time but now it turned into sad. After about the 30 time of reading about Indian recruiters, Indian cheaters, and Indian CCIE holders (on this site) it kind of gets..

I've met some intelligent individuals from India. I worked at a big company where maybe 10% of the staff had Indian nationality. Some of these people from "India" have more impressive backgrounds than the average Americans. They are brining (US based) higher education to the table. I had a professor during my undergrad that was Indian and had a doctorate from an American university. Someone could have an Indian accent and be American born. Unfortunately, sometimes not speaking proper English is frowned upon. But, if you go to the UK the Americans are the ones not speaking proper English. :o

I've had worst experiences with American recruiters than I ever had with Indian recruiters ... Just Saying. Some of these Indians (especially in DMV) are doing better than a lot of ...

• Options
    I have had the worst with any recruiter! LOL.  But this one, she can tell me the salary, but not the location. I am intrigued..
  • Options
    scascscasc Member Posts: 461 ■■■■■■■□□□
    edited October 2019
    Absolutely.... us Brits speak the queen’s english :) lolzzz

just kidding
    AWS, Azure, GCP, ISC2, GIAC, ISACA, TOGAF, SABSA, EC-Council, Comptia...
  • Options
    tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    One recruiter told me that, based on my LinkedIn profile, I was perfect for the job. Things is, all I have on LinkedIn are job titles and company names. I took down all details a long time ago. "Security Analyst" can mean at least a dozen different things.
  • Options
    We did talk more, but I just could not believe such a great salary without a clearance. Plus the fact she couldn't be told of the exact location in the state where the position was. She said this was 'normal'.  I never heard of this before. Never. So, I said no to going further to the interview. 
  • Options
    CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did some work for the NSA back in the day that was past TS.  Alot of unacknowledged programs that have thier own vetting process (non-clearance) and they even wanted to hire me for a job, but couldn't tell me for what.

They said it was a global exploitation analyst and that's it lol.

Some good opportunity out there, but you have to weigh your personal and family privacy heavily before making that jump.
  • Options
    I have other offers (and I do have a job), so this was no skin off my nose (so to speak).