CySA+ Beta Exam

stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
Looks like CompTIA is releasing the beta exam for the next version of the CySA+ certification on 11 Oct 19.  Hopefully it is as fun as the first beta was.
The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me

Comments

• LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    For someone new to CompTia beta exams, what is the draw? Cheaper exam attempt?

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    LonerVamp said:
    Yes, about $50 dlls each for the 2 Beta's I've taken. For me it gets me reading on stuff I'm rusty on.

I'll pass on this one as I already passed the CSA+ beta but I'll tell the kids at work.
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Awesome! thanks for the info!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Usually, there isn't a beta for a new revision of an existing CompTIA cert exam. I'm guessing the CySA+ has been seriously overhauled to make a new beta necessary. I'll still give it a tumble, as its content is what I do for a living.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    LonerVamp said:
    Another draw is that it does give you the full certification and the attending CEUs for $50 or so.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Note that the results for CompTIA beta exams are not reported for several months after the beta closes. It was about 4.5 months after I took the beta of Pentest+ that I received my results. (I passed by the-skin-of-my-teeth.)
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray said:
    Note that the results for CompTIA beta exams are not reported for several months after the beta closes. It was about 4.5 months after I took the beta of Pentest+ that I received my results. (I passed by the-skin-of-my-teeth.)
    Good point, @JDMurray.

• yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    JDMurray said:
    Usually, there isn't a beta for a new revision of an existing CompTIA cert exam. I'm guessing the CySA+ has been seriously overhauled to make a new beta necessary. I'll still give it a tumble, as its content is what I do for a living.
    More weirdness. Overvalued? As in you think CompTIA feels pressured that they need to shift the difficulty away from the Sec+ side of the spectrum and more towards CASP?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
    I'm only guessing as to why another beta of the CySA+ would be necessary. I don't know what the specific reasons for overhauling the CySA+ would be other than to make it more relevant to the security operations market than it already is. Realize that the CySA+ cert has been already accepted to the DoD Approved 8570 Baseline Certification list. This next revision of CySA+ must be in line with the expectations of the DoD for it to remain there. In fact, maybe the DoD made change proposals to CsSA+ that have been implemented in this next revision.
    edited October 2019
    I know the Webpage says the registration begins on 10/11, but it's now 10/9 and I just signed up to take the CS1-002 CySA+ beta exam on Friday, Nov 8th. It may be a mistake, so get in while you can!
    JDMurray said:
    I know the Webpage says the registration begins on 10/11, but it's now 10/9 and I just signed up to take the CS1-002 CySA+ beta exam on Friday, Nov 8th. It may be a mistake, so get in while you can!
    I tried to register for the test. However, once i hit the submit button i get an error message that tells me to redo the the process. Tried it twice with no luck. I will try again on the 11th.
    It sounds like bad credit card information. Did it try to charge you for the exam or did it fail before that?

• ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Let me know how this goes and what you think.  I got to write some of the questions on this exam.  
    edited October 2019
    JDMurray said:
    It sounds like bad credit card information. Did it try to charge you for the exam or did it fail before that?

The error I get is:
    "This application has encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please start over."
    Not sure whats going on, but i tried to schedule the exam 3 times.
    I wonder if i have to wait until the 11th?
    The only things I can advise is clear your browser cookies and cache or try a different browser. If you get the same problem then we can assume that they are having back-end problems.
    JDMurray said:
    The only things I can advise is clear your browser cookies and cache or try a different browser. If you get the same problem then we can assume that they are having back-end problems.
    Unfortunately, the same result... I will try again tomorrow.
  • camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads-up!  Just scheduled to take it tomorrow.
  • kbizkkbizk Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    Comptia website says the results are not going to be available until April 2020. A question to those who have taken Comptia beta exam(s) and passed: did Comptia issue a certificate with the date of when they released the results or with the date when you took the exam?
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just signed up for the Beta. Should be interesting. 
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wonder how far out we can schedule this for? 
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    signed up! now, the heat is on, all schweddy!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    tmurphy3100, I asked Comptia this very same question last Wednesday, and the representative told me, "I don't believe those dates are completely set yet. We will be putting that information out on our social media accounts, though, so be on the look out for it."
    kbizk said:
    A question to those who have taken Comptia beta exam(s) and passed: did Comptia issue a certificate with the date of when they released the results or with the date when you took the exam?

If you pass, the cert starts on the date you took the beta exam just as it does for passing a standard exam.
  • wogmailwogmail Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm getting the same error 
    This application has encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please start over.
    Tried different browser.  Not sure what it's about.  
  • camerono808camerono808 Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So, just took the test.  I don't have a recent CompTIA test to compare this against since my Sec+ was way back when dinosaurs ruled the earth.  It seemed like a better version of the CEH, sprinkled with a handful of practical questions.  Sad that we won't get results till next year.  Oh well, pass or fail, it was only $50.
  • AakashNTAakashNT Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Any idea, what is the deadline/last date to appear for beta?
    camerono800, were you given the score/number of wrong answers at the end of the test?
    JDMurray, thanks!
    Wogmail, I got a few errors too, but I was able to register later on the same day (11th).
    wogmail said:
    I'm getting the same error 
    This application has encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please start over.
    Tried different browser.  Not sure what it's about.  
    Just tried again today - getting the same message: "This application has encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please start over."