Passed the CISSP exam

egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
I passed the CISSP exam last week. While most people rattle off their study materials I'd like to say it was more effective using my tried and proven certification passing methodology.  I outlined it below:

Phase 1: Study Phase:  Here you want to read the official CISSP study course. Highlight the areas relevant to passing the exam and areas that you feel you need to re-read.

Phase 2: Flash Card Phase (Here you want to create Flash Cards with those terms or concepts you highlighted above).

Phase 3: Practice Exam Phase (Here obtain quality practice exams that'll ask you questions simulating those from the test.  It's critical here that you select a practice test that present questions tougher than those from the exam. Keep taking the practice exams until you're consistently scoring 96%+). At this phase when you get a question wrong be sure you analyze and recognize the reason why you got it wrong so you can correct your thought process for a similar question.

Phase 4: **** Sheet Phase:  After you've successfully completed Phase 3 then certain key areas from Phase 2 like "Kerberos Process", STRIDE, Encryption Types, etc. you want to memorize going into the test.  These usually all fit into 4-5 pages.

That's basically the method I've used to pass CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, MCSE, and others on first attempt.  Best of luck ladies and gentlemen.
B.Sc (Info. Systems), CISSP, CCNA, CCNP, Security+

Comments

• test4500test4500 Registered Users Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi well done! ...what sort of timescale did this require out of interest?
    Have: CISSP, SSCP, CYSA+, CCNA CyberOp, CIPP/E, PRINCE, ITIL v3, MS Azure 900/103/500, AWS SA-A, Splunk Core User , CyberArk Trustee......
    2020 Goals: CISM/CISA, AWS CDA-P/SA-P/Security, Splunk Power User
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Excellent work!
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nice! Are you going to replace your CCNP avatar with CISSP now? Actually I think probably CCIE > CISSP, but maybe CCNP is about equal? Never thought about it.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    yoba222 said:
    Nice! Are you going to replace your CCNP avatar with CISSP now? Actually I think probably CCIE > CISSP, but maybe CCNP is about equal? Never thought about it.
    I'm designated as Associate CISSP according to ISC2. There's no existing badge for that yet.  After I get all the 5years vouched for I can get the CISSP patch.

On the CCIE vs CISSP comparisons I have no clue as far as an opinion bro.
  • egrizzlyegrizzly Member Posts: 533 ■■■■■□□□□□
    test4500 said:
    Hi well done! ...what sort of timescale did this require out of interest?
    Took me a year to study give or take.  However, take note that over the course of the past 20 years I had successfully completed various certifications (MCSE, CCNA, MCP, CCNP) which overlap in knowledge areas with the CISSP.
  • advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • averageguy72averageguy72 Member Posts: 323 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    CISSP / CCSP / CCSK / CRISC / CISM / CISA / CASP / Security+ / Network+ / A+ / CEH / eNDP / AWS Certified Advanced Networking - Specialty / AWS Certified Security - Specialty / AWS Certified DevOps Engineer - Professional / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Professional / AWS Certified SysOps Administrator - Associate / AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate / AWS Certified Developer - Associate / AWS Cloud Practitioner