Options

Prep Materials - Hard Copy Reading Preferred

wifipineapplewifipineapple Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I'd like to pursue the CompTIA Network+ Certification and I was hoping someone could point me to a comprehensive book that might be available on Amazon that I could buy to prep. I am all for using online resources (labs, simulations, CBTnuggets? packetracer?, Boson?), paid and unpaid, but I like something I can reference in my hands as well. Those of you who have passed the exam, how did you prep? Is there a book people swear by like the Odom book for the CCNA? I'm looking for any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    ciscosoldierciscosoldier Member Posts: 11 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mike meyer's a+ book also his udemy courses and professor messer's website free a plus training
  • Options
    I'm looking for to skip ahead to the Network+ Exam, first. Thank you though. It has to do with some specific clearances a job I'm after would require and one of the pre-reqs is this exam is the CompTIA Network + Exam. So I'm looking for the bible of CompTIA that I can buy on Amazon, something akin to Odom's CCNA book as well as other online resources but I need something hard copy to start with first for me to feel comfortable moving forward. 

Is there a book like that out there for the CompTIA Network+ Exam?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I've been able to download the following titles in PDF format. I'm wondering which ones would prove most useful for the exam.

CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-007 - LAMMIE
    CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-006 - MEYERS
    CompTIA® Network+ N10-007, 6/e -DULANEY
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used to like Mike Meyer's writing style and I've heard great things about the professor Messer video series (Youtube?). But I took the Network+ in 2013, so my advice isn't so fresh anymore. Definitely need some high quality practice exams for CompTIA content.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    AdvancedguyAdvancedguy Member Posts: 7 ■■□□□□□□□□
    you can check the link http://www.simulationexams.com/books/comptia/netplus-books.htm. and you can also download the practice test from the same website
  • Options
    Awesome, thank you guys both very much!