Options

Network + Prep Question

wifipineapplewifipineapple Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello,

I posted this originally under the Network+ section but it didn't seem to get much traction so I was hoping I could get some answers here.

I'd like to pursue the CompTIA Network+ Certification and I was hoping someone could point me to a comprehensive book that might be available on Amazon that I could buy to prep.  Something akin to Odom's book for the CCNA exam, something comprehensive.

I am all for using online resources (labs, simulations, CBTnuggets? packetracer?, Boson?), paid and unpaid, but I like something I can reference in my hands as well. Those of you who have passed the exam, how did you prep? Is there a book people swear by like the Odom book for the CCNA? I'm looking for any help I can get. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I've been able to download the following complete in PDF format and I was wondering which ones were worth buying hard copies of if I wanted them. I do have a paperwhite and I can always read on my laptop, I just prefer a hard copy in my hands to start:

CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-007 - LAMMIE
    CompTIA Network+ Exam N10-006 - MEYERS
    CompTIA® Network+ N10-007, 6/e -DULANEY
  • Options
    shahlapirniashahlapirnia Registered Users Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    I personally like the paperback copy of Exam Cram for N+ 007 by Emmett Dulaney.

This book is clear, concise, accessible, and well organized.

There is a Cram Sheet included as well!
    WIP: Security+ 601
  • Options
    jasper_zanjanijasper_zanjani Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I personally like the paperback copy of Exam Cram for N+ 007 by Emmett Dulaney.
    Same!
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    N10-006: The 6th edition of the exam
    N10-007: The 7th edition
    I'd ditch the old stuff and I don't know what version the exam is now. 7th? 8th?
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,028 Admin
    The 7th generation of the Network+ cert was released in March 2018. The 8th gen should be released in 2021.

I took the 2nd gen of N+ back in 2003.  :|
  • Options
    Awesome! Thank you so much for the responses everyone. I appreciate the helpful info!
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used the Mike Meyers book when i did mine, but that was about a few years back.
  • Options
    Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I took the test back in 2002, I believe i used the Exam Cram book and another. I always have two resources (books) for each cert i take. I have been happy with Sybex books lately, but there are some reviews on Amazon that may also help.
    Good luck!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP