Best training for CEH and ECSA.

halmullahalmulla Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited October 2019 in EC-Council
Hi,

I am looking for training for CEH and ECSA and there are many. The problem I do not know which one is the best in regards of hands-on and passing the exams.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Comments

• Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    What does your budget look like for training? You'll find a wide array of training options with a huge range in price. I can't speak much to the ECSA since I don't see much talk about that, but Infosec offers both a 5-day live online boot camp on our Flex platform, as well as an on-demand learning course on Infosec Skills. I've also heard great things about Matt Walker's cert guide, so you've got plenty of options!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • roxsteadyroxsteady Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    PluralSight is nearly identical to EC-Council's official training course. If you don't want to do it in a class environment, and money is not an issue, I recommend EC-Councils online, learn at your own pace, training. They have great pre-recorded videos on all the domains, and they are very thorough. They have an entire package that comes with the courses, books, practice tests and access to their servers for spinning up images. If you're on a budget, I would recommend subscribing to Pluralsight, buy the book, and maybe even subscribes to practice test providers online.
  • shahlapirniashahlapirnia Registered Users Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    halmulla said:
    Hi,

I am looking for training for CEH and ECSA and there are many. The problem I do not know which one is the best in regards of hands-on and passing the exams.

Any recommendations?

Thanks

Which exam version of CEH are you considering?

Have you looked at uCertify offerings?

They currently carry training for the CEHv9.

Their CEHv10 training will become available end of January 2020.

WIP: Security+ 601
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just do the official training from EC-Council. Probably the best deal out there believe it or not. You can get your exam voucher, course, study materials for like $1.5k (give or take idk)
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 2019
    I think you are better off just getting the All in One book and creating the labs. The CEH books from EC Council are horrible. I received an electronic version with the class that is ONLY good for one year. The key was only good for that device. If you placed it on your tablet, you could not move it. The font was small enough to make your eyes hurt if you look at it for too long and you could not zoom in or enlarge it.
    In addition, ~6 of the CEH labs DID NOT work for various reasons.
    Either ECC did not upkeep some websites or the software being used is old / End of Life. We had to perform some lab hockus pockus and it worked.

This is just another reason to curse ECC... in my opinion. 
    Good certification - baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad organization.