Who is planning to attempt the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst CySA+ CS0-001 Certification Exam?

shireensheryshireenshery Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
edited August 2019 in CySA+
Anyone know of any good material for the CS0-001 certification exam? I've been looking for a free ebook of the CompTIA CySA+ Practice Questions. I've not had any luck.

Thank you!!

Answers

• Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    I'll be going after the CySA+ after grabbing my Sec+ in a few days, so I've been looking around for material as well. Infosec Skills actually just added a CySA+ course to our lineup, and from what I've heard, the content team is really proud of it. It's got 10 hours of training, as well as a pretty beefy practice exam. If self-paced video learning is your thing, you should definitely check it out! You can sign up for a 7-day free trial, so you're more than welcome to try it out and cancel if it's not your jam. Once I start seriously studying for that cert, I'm planning on going through the Skills course, as well as picking up the Chapple study guide, since I've seen some good endorsements for that.

Good luck with your studies, and be sure to keep us posted on your progress!
    Community Manager at Infosec!
    Who we are | What we do
  • elbennettelbennett Member Posts: 12 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Have rescheduled 2x gearing up for next weeks test. I am feeling ready. took longer than expected to prepare but ready to move on to more. 

2018| CEH | CYSA
    2019-PROJECT + | VMWARE CERT
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You get what you pay for. I wouldn't trust a free ebook of practice questions to be good material.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm going to start studying for it. Is it still worth it with the new cCySA+ (CS0-002) coming out next year?

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    WastedHat said:
    I'm going to start studying for it. Is it still worth it with the new CySA+ (CS0-002) coming out next year?

It is best to get it now.  Main reason: the study materials for the current version are well-known and their quality can be attested to.  It might be months, if not closer to a year, before the next version's materials get hashed out.  Another reason: you will not likely be asked which version you took of the test, just whether or not you are currently certified.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • WastedHatWastedHat Member Posts: 132 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thats good to know, so it'll last for 3 years even with the new exam coming out?

• shahlapirniashahlapirnia Registered Users Posts: 27 ■■■□□□□□□□
    WastedHat said:
    Thats good to know, so it'll last for 3 years even with the new exam coming out?

@WastedHat

Once a new CompTIA exam iteration has officially begun, candidates have 6 months to finish taking the previous iteration of the exam before retirement.

CySA+ CS0-001 is scheduled to retire October 2020.
    WIP: Security+ 601