Juniper in GNS3

Robbo777Robbo777 Member Posts: 331 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hi, i'm CCNP level in Cisco and I have just got a new job where almost the entire estate is Juniper so i NEED to get up on my Juniper skills and start labbing the way I've always done with Cisco products.

To best go about this from layer 2 switches to routers and firewalls what are my best bet for downloading what images to run in GNS3?

I've looked and come across the SRXv that is a firewall? But then I've read that it can do everything from access layer switches to acting as a firewall?

Are there any other great sites out there to such as networklessons.com (for Cisco) that apply to Juniper?, that site helped me alot with my CCNA & P...

Thanks again everyone!

Comments

• Mr.Robot255Mr.Robot255 Member Posts: 196 ■■■□□□□□□□
    HI all,

Not sure if this section gets much views, i have same question as Robbo777

Can anyone point me in the right direction to install Juniper router/switches in GNS3 using VMWARE or Virtual box....

Have googled lots and some of the links are dead ends. Any help appreciated.
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    As I don't work with Juniper products take my words with a grain of salt, but here goes:  search for Juniper Olive.  It "might" be what you are looking for.  At the least, it may give you further direction.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    edited October 2019
    Hey Stryder yes i kinda got that far yesterday "Juniper Olive" will try again now wheil im fresher. Will update if i find what im looking for .

I actually managed to import one olive into v-box and then into gns3 its very glitchy tho and when i did the exact same for a second one it wont load it gets error messages,
  • stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Out of curiosity, have you been to the Juniper training website?  They might have some tools/videos/etc. that might be more up-to-date and useful.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
    HI Stryder

I actually have seberal routers running now which seem to be smooth. I am still hunting a switch image tho. 

I have browsed the juniper site but no one links to a way to get a home lab up n running unless its with real equipment, TBH my work have already told me i have a bundle of junipers i can take which will probably be a week or two more. Just like having GNS3 lab as its fast to fire up when i have a spare 30-60mins. 

Thanks for your help tho :D