ITIL v4 Foundation Pass

balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
1st attempt  failed with a 53%. I took the exam at night  from home . Kids screaming and crying  in the background. Even though I was locked in a room, it seems the kids didn't get the memo.

2nd attempt  two days later  scored 80%     took the exam at 11:00 AM CST   home alone with the kids gone  at school.

What a difference the environment makes !! 

I think each time I took  the exam  I spent about 15-20 minutes testing. 

I ran help desk when I was in the army so lots of experience  with ITIL , I also found the exam to be somewhat common knowledge once I could focus on what the question was asking.  I used the following method to test. 

1. Read the question.
2. Read all of the answer choices  from bottom to top.
3. If anything jumps out at me I continue to read until I reach choice (A).  Then I make my decision based on what stuck out.  Usually you can eliminate one or two choices right off the bat. The questions are very short... maybe one sentence or two at max.

Resources used:  
1. https://www.simpliv.com/#/    ITIL foundation course  (watched 2X)
2. a few random ITIL v4 service charts  I found online.
3. an old ITIL V3 fondations book from Sybex 

Total questions : 40

Comments

• nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!! 
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • Claire AgutterClaire Agutter Member Posts: 772 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratulations! 
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! I just passed the LPI linux essentials 010-160 today and I was thinking I want to study for the ITIL foundations as well. I'm looking to beef up my resume with non-expirable certs while I pursue the CCNA and hopefully later on...VCP6-DCV
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • balancebalance Member Posts: 244 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You could also look at COBIT 5