Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    ToguroToguro Member Posts: 2 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well I just got put in ready to deploy status with no opening for Sys Admin 1. Very cool :D
  • Options
    advanex1advanex1 Member Posts: 365 ■■■■□□□□□□
    For all of the trouble you guys are going through, I have positions that may or may not be coming up here shortly for Sys Admins and possibly an ISSO. Must have a Secret Clearance and appropriate certifications to be DoD IAT/IAM compliant. Can't be sea sick and can't be afraid of heights. Pay is between 120-180k depending on experience/position and you are only gone for 7 months out of the year. 3 months at a time with 1.5-2 months off in between. I'll post when I know for sure if they come up. It's not in a war zone.
    Currently Reading: CISM: All-in-One
    New Blog: https://jpinit.com/blog
  • Options
    Kool_HunnidKool_Hunnid Member Posts: 20 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Do anyone know if the new contracts have been awarded? I've been in a "Ready to deploy" state for a few weeks now. I've even spoken with Jacobs, they dont have any openings right now. Leidos either
  • Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    None of the big companies have posted any new OCONUS DOD IT positions in the past month or so. On top of that I’m frustrated because haven’t got any contact from recruiters yet. 

Is it possible this is happening because the contract is coming to the end? Does anyone have any word on if vectrus won the bid or what happens?
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    202 said:
    None of the big companies have posted any new OCONUS DOD IT positions in the past month or so. On top of that I’m frustrated because haven’t got any contact from recruiters yet. 

Is it possible this is happening because the contract is coming to the end? Does anyone have any word on if vectrus won the bid or what happens?

No new news on the contract they are cutting people’s hours currently though for no overtime. There is suppose to be news next month. Only thing that has been in talk is potential extension for 2 months.
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    Hey ! 
    Newbie here and I am on the ready to deploy list for a service desk administrator In Afghanistan but I’ve also been reading and researching in this forum since August. I want to know if anyone has been offered a job yet that was awaiting for a job to open up yet ?? 

Thank you 
  • Options
    DaveeedDaveeed Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Anyone in Kuwait right now??  I am currently doing my medical, was recently granted my interim.  Imagine I will be out there early next year.
  • Options
    I had a Vectrus recruiter reach out to me today. I had been in "Ready to Deploy" for about a month now. They just gave me a CRC date for December 1st. I did ask them if they got renewed for a new contract, he said they did and that the position for the Sys Admin 1 was still for a year with the same pay and bonus as I was quoted back in July
  • Options
    EVecQu8EVecQu8 Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    congrats Kool_Hunnid, @Daveeed i am currently going through medical for Kuwait. Hopefully we both will get CRC dates soon.
  • Options
    @Kool_Hunnid how long you waited til after your vaccination before you knew anything got updated ? 
  • Options
    Which contract? OMDAC or C4IT
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I ended up getting my clearance started too. So I guess things are rolling along for everybody now
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    I think OMDAM, I can double check. I know it said the contract was 5 years on the document 
  • Options
    @Kool_Hunnid how long you waited til after your vaccination before you knew anything got updated ? 
    I can't remember, maybe like a week and a half and I called them to verify that everything was good
  • Options
    @Kool_Hunnid thank for the info,  I was getting impatient but my job (Service desk administrator)  not open yet from what my recruiter told me and I’ll just have to wait basically. I just finish my vaccination today but gotta get one more since they didn’t have it in stock 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    I think OMDAM, I can double check. I know it said the contract was 5 years on the document 
    Might want to check OMDAC ends Nov 30th. 
  • Options
    Speghetty said:
    Speghetty said:
    Might want to check OMDAC ends Nov 30th. 
    I'm going to check in a few mins. Check your direct messages when you get a sec
  • Options
    BranHard5BranHard5 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited October 2019
    I got the OMDAC Service Desk position in Afghanistan. I was told there was only one position available and my name was at the top of the list. Been waiting since February. 
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I got my offer in October and it was for OMDAC if they were set to loose the contract in 1 month it would not make a whole lot of sense, okay well September...
  • Options
    Daveeed said:
    I got my offer in October and it was for OMDAC if they were set to loose the contract in 1 month it would not make a whole lot of sense, okay well September...

What? The contract ends Nov 30th there has been no announcement for the new contract. That comes or mid November. They are talking about a 2 month extension but haven’t heard about that in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    @BranHard5 I wish my recruiter would give me an insight but he ignores my emails if it’s not regarding about anything he sent such as vaccinations or job opening. Do you know anyone who’s awaiting ADPE tech jobs ? Or @Daveeed do you know ? 
  • Options
    impatient92impatient92 Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I had a Vectrus recruiter reach out to me today. I had been in "Ready to Deploy" for about a month now. They just gave me a CRC date for December 1st. I did ask them if they got renewed for a new contract, he said they did and that the position for the Sys Admin 1 was still for a year with the same pay and bonus as I was quoted back in July
    Hey I am currently in ready to deploy , just waiting on a job opening. Who is your recruiter? What job position were you offered?
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    tbh i feel like most people at this point are just being put on hold until more information about the contract is decided.
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Looks like you may be correct:

Chuck Prow -- President and Chief Executive Officer

The major contract up for recompete in '19 is OMDAC-SWACA. We are submitting our proposal in May and we would expect the contract to be awarded in November. We continue to perform very very well on that program. We additionally announced another win -- an IT win in that geography as well earlier in the call today.

So, again we really -- we feel good about our chances and we really feel good about our ongoing performance.

I see a few other companies also advertising positions for the contract, pending a win,  SAIC, Leidos etc.

• Options
    So the current timeline is 23 Nov 2019 is when the contract is suppose to be announced. They have a verbal for a 60 day extension, but not set in stone yet. So they are still going by the 30 Nov end.
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Daveeed said:

I see a few other companies also advertising positions for the contract, pending a win,  SAIC, Leidos etc.

Other companies are advertising the positions just to get an inverntory of applications as well
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2019
    I've been snooping around LinkedIN. 

It's been people who deployed to Afghanistan and Iraq with Vectrus in the past few months. I guess those people, just don't visit this site and care to disclose. I respect that though. 

Besides for people who:
    1. Needed a clearance. 
    2. Waited 30+ days to complete the 3 day requirements, no more than a week (including HireRight). Day 1: Medical and Dental. Day 2. Immunizations Day 3. PPD Read. 2 weeks MAX

Other than the two types of people, has it been anyone qualified and cleared that's willing to talk about the "recent" Hiring timeline for Afghanistan, Iraq, or Kuwait?

• Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2019
    hello everybody, 

looks like the ball has started rolling for me. A recruiter reached out and scheduled a phone interview with me tomorrow for a Net Admin 1 position(OMDAC-SWACA). 

Feeling very nervous, my hands keep shaking 😂 could anyone give any tips or any idea of what type of questions to expect? I have my CCNA, Net+, Sec+, and no cheating on them either, I studied for months to get those. I also have a small home lab(2901 router and 2960 switch) so I do have a little hands on experience with networks. But since I took my ccna 2yrs ago I don’t remember all the commands etc. I also don’t have any professional network experience. I’ve been helpdesk tier 2 for the past 1.5yrs.

Somebody please provide input and any tips if possible.
    thanks in advance  
  • Options
    202 said:
    hello everybody, 

looks like the ball has started rolling for me. A recruiter reached out and scheduled a phone interview with me tomorrow for a Net Admin 1 position(OMDAC-SWACA). 

Feeling very nervous, my hands keep shaking 😂 could anyone give any tips or any idea of what type of questions to expect? I have my CCNA, Net+, Sec+, and no cheating on them either, I studied for months to get those. I also have a small home lab(2901 router and 2960 switch) so I do have a little hands on experience with networks. But since I took my ccna 2yrs ago I don’t remember all the commands etc. I also don’t have any professional network experience. I’ve been helpdesk tier 2 for the past 1.5yrs.

thanks in advance  
    The technical interview will not be in-depth. They have people reading off scripts of questions. Also a reminder contract ends 30 Nov they are talking 60 day extension, but not in affect yet.
  • Options
    johndoeejohndoee Member Posts: 152 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited November 2019
    Speghetty said:
    202 said:
    hello everybody, 

thanks in advance  
    The technical interview will not be in-depth. They have people reading off scripts of questions. Also a reminder contract ends 30 Nov they are talking 60 day extension, but not in affect yet.
     Hey @202,

@Speghetty  is correct, it's not in-depth. I agree with that. 

BUT, you have to score high(er) in order to move on to the next steps.

I had an interview very recently, that is why I was looking for recent experience. But, through my searches the people who've been hired don't know or care this site exists.  If I am not mistaken my interviewer told me it was 20 questions. He also had I believe 3 extra questions. 

You still have to score high enough, you have to be competitive. The gentleman basically told me that I'll be alright and be looking for an email, which I received. I missed three questions total, and didn't do the extra questions. 

just because they are not needing long drawn out answers doesn't mean that if you get 5 questions correct out of 20 you are going to have an offer letter in your inbox. So, please understand that. I wanted to elaborate!  :)

People have failed medical, and various phases of the hiring process with any/all companies overseas. So, especially Vectrus they are known to have more than one person interview for a position. So, your score "will more than likely"  be the difference between moving forward or not. So, don't let the response of Mr. @Speghetty set you up for extreme failure. Getting 4 questions correct total that aren't in-depth is still a fail. 

All do respect, @Speghetty didn't really answer your question. He more or less attempted to give you a gauge of the difficulty of the questions, which that part I agree. Now, we have to report @Speghetty and have him blocked like the last guy a page or two over LOL.

To answer your question, I can't say because I don't know. I just wanted to add more information to the answer you received.