Options

I Passed the CCISO Exam - Sept 2019 - My thoughts on the Exam

odomscdodomscd Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
I took and passed the CCISO exam in Sept 2019 and wanted to share my experience.    This is currently my first and only certification. EC-Council offered a five training course in Las Vegas. The course was actually 4 and half days with the option to take the test  Friday afternoon.  The course included a live instructor,  the test and a re-test if you failed, the CCISO training book, and the course slides. This made taking the test cost effective.  The instructor was wonderful!  The class started at 8:00 and ended at 5:00.  The instructor never cut the class short and stayed over every evening and answered any questions that we had.  The course also included students who dialed in.  He did a great job of keeping everyone actively engaged to include the students who dialed in.  I was not able to take the test Friday afternoon.  However, I did take it at a Pearson Vue Testing Center when I got home and I passed the first time.  The test was not easy.  I thought the level of difficulty was fair.  I believe that this test in on the same level as the CISM exam.  75 percent of the students in my class had already taken and passed the CISM.  I am considering taking the CISM exam next because the information and domains for both exams are almost the same.  For the record, a lot of the CCISO course material and study manual cited information and articles from ISACA sources.    This is my last thought:  I do not know if I would have passed this test the first time without taking the live course.  The course taught my how to answer the questions.  The questions are not straight forward.  Most questions had more than one right answer.  However, the catch is to pick the most correct answer.  This was the most important thing that I learned in the class.  I would not have picked that up studying on my own.  I do believe that I can study for the other Certs without an instructor because I now understand how questions are administered.  I hope that this review helps other.

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congratulations on passing the exam!!!
    I find it very comforting that EC Council is citing another certified body for its own credential. :p
    I took this test long ago and I really could not find the ROI as with most new certifications. I guess I just had to wait longer.
    I will be taking the CISM early next year and I was basically told to read the manual and questions. If I did that, I should not have any problems. 

Regards
  • Options
    cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I am extremely curious as to why you went for this cert, being your first one. Is it tied to a job requirement? 
  • Options
    Cyberguypr..... I hope things are going well for you! Your avatar still looks as young as you!!!!   I just don't know about the smile ;)
    To answer your question, yes... from another thread.... https://community.infosecinstitute.com/discussion/135597/cciso-verses-cism-exam-2019#latest
  • Options
    odomscdodomscd Member Posts: 19 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bigdogz, Thanks for posting the link for Cyberguy.  
    Cyberguy, Yes it was tied to a job requirement. I needed an "IAM level III" certification to apply for certain DOD jobs.  
  • Options
    anytime.. @cyberguypr is a nice person!!!
  • Options
    impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.