Need to pass CCENT/CCNA by Feb 23rd

the.thrillseekersthe.thrillseekers Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hey All,

I recently took my CCENT on 9/14/19 and got a 782 out of 832. I need to pass this exam and am always looking for new ways to study. 
My Breakdown was:

Network Fundamentals 33%
LAN Switching Fundamentals 63%
Routing Fundamentals 47%
Infrastructure Services 44%
Infrastructure Maintenance 38%

Was hoping by breaking down what happens in each layer might give me a better understanding of whats going on. I'm comfortable with subnetting/vlsm and configs but theory seems to be beating me up. Any suggestions. I use Wendell Odom's OCG, Packet Tracer, I bought 2 Udemy courses one from Paul Browning and one from Chris Bryant and I have David Bomball's FREE Packet Tracer course as well from Udemy. I heard good things about the Boson practice exams would love feedback on it. Any insights I would appreciate. 

Thanks All!

Tagged:

Comments

• DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed the CCENT a good while back and was going to do the CCNA but got sidetracked with things in life and mine expired. I decided to just go ahead and study the content for the CCNA 200-301 since Wendell Odom released his OCG on it. I've used Wendell's book for the 200-125, packet tracer and a ton of labs from my netacad days. I'd say that the stuff you have is actually overkill, Paul Browning is excellent, his CCNA in 60 days book is invaluable, I have Christ Bryants book but I haven't actually read it, I felt Odom's OCG and CCNA in 60 days was more than enough.

I have the Boson ExSim-Max for the CCNA and I will tell you, it is 100% worth the money. It is extremely thorough and also difficult, I'd say actually a bit more difficult than the exam itself, because the questions really make you think. They are hard, and they also provide extensive feedback on the answers, to put it in perspective, I have the Pearson Test Prep engine and I only get like maybe 3-4 sentences feedback per question. Boson will give you 2-3 paragraphs, I feel the answer feedback from Boson could fit a good 300 page book. My advice if you're going to buy a practice test engine, you cannot go wrong with Boson.

At the least, OCG, Boson, a good set of Labs and you should pass. 

Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • the.thrillseekersthe.thrillseekers Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    DFTK13 said:
    I passed the CCENT a good while back and was going to do the CCNA but got sidetracked with things in life and mine expired. I decided to just go ahead and study the content for the CCNA 200-301 since Wendell Odom released his OCG on it. I've used Wendell's book for the 200-125, packet tracer and a ton of labs from my netacad days. I'd say that the stuff you have is actually overkill, Paul Browning is excellent, his CCNA in 60 days book is invaluable, I have Christ Bryants book but I haven't actually read it, I felt Odom's OCG and CCNA in 60 days was more than enough.

I have the Boson ExSim-Max for the CCNA and I will tell you, it is 100% worth the money. It is extremely thorough and also difficult, I'd say actually a bit more difficult than the exam itself, because the questions really make you think. They are hard, and they also provide extensive feedback on the answers, to put it in perspective, I have the Pearson Test Prep engine and I only get like maybe 3-4 sentences feedback per question. Boson will give you 2-3 paragraphs, I feel the answer feedback from Boson could fit a good 300 page book. My advice if you're going to buy a practice test engine, you cannot go wrong with Boson.

At the least, OCG, Boson, a good set of Labs and you should pass. 

Bought the Boson Ex-Sim for ICND1, Wow wow wow.. I got a 650 first time out but I love how it looks so much like the real exam right down to the simulator and drag and drops. Well worth the money like you siad, I feel like now I will be able to pass the exam with labbing and reading and testing with Boson testing software. It actually does give you the breakdown to see where you are weak like the real exam. I did 29% in Network Fundamentals and 29% in Infrastructure Services. This was also similar to my real exam output. Thanks DFTK13!
    No problem! Boson is the real deal and they do not play around. It’s the only test engine that I felt like I learned from, regarding the CCNA. Good luck! 
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

• Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!!
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • the_thrillseekersthe_thrillseekers Member Posts: 3 ■■□□□□□□□□
    DFTK13 said:
    No problem! Boson is the real deal and they do not play around. It’s the only test engine that I felt like I learned from, regarding the CCNA. Good luck! 
    I passed! 844/832

Seems like techexams.net deleted my original account because it had a . between my name which is sorta weird.
    Congrats!!!!! And keep going!!!!

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Good job! Looks like the month of extra study helped.
    DFTK13 said:
    Congrats!!!!! And keep going!!!!
    Yessir!
    itdept said:
    Good job! Looks like the month of extra study helped.
    Definitely. That boson testing software is the truth no games. I honestly feel that’s what did it.
  • BennyTheManBennyTheMan Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I passed ICND1 reading Odoms OCG and Boson exam Simulation software.  I like the Boson practice tests alot and highly recommend.  Good luck.