TechExams Exclusive Giveaway | Win a free boot camp!

Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
edited January 2020 in Announcements

Hey there, TechExams! I’m super excited to announce our first-ever member-exclusive giveaway! As a way to say thank you for hanging out on TechExams and helping your fellow members, I'd like to give back to you in a way that you'd find valuable. By simply participating in the community over the next 2 months, you will be automatically entered to win some great prizes. See the lists below for more information!

What’s up for grabs?

Here’s how it works:

• Each post/comment grants one entry into the drawing

• Each entry grants you one chance to win

• Winners will be chosen at random and announced at the end of 2019!

Disclaimer: The grand prize boot camp does not include a free voucher to sit the exam or the exam-pass guarantee.

Link to results thread »
Community Manager at Infosec!
Who we are | What we do

Comments

• itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Creating a post to get an entry. Got my eye on CCNA training.
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 2019
    I am thinking of CISM. I am working on CEH v10 right now. I know it is not part of the path as posted but I am also working CCSP.
  • tedjamestedjames Member Posts: 1,179 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Count me in! There's all kind of things that I want to learn. Thanks!
  • SpiegelSpiegel Member Posts: 322 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Looking at the CCNP training. This is pretty awesome.
    Degree: WGU B.S. Network Operations and Security [COMPLETE]
    Current Certs: A+ | N+ | S+ | Cloud Essentials+ | Project+ | MTA: OSF | CIW: SDA | ITIL: F | CCENT | CCNA R&S | CCNA | LPI Linux Essentials
    Currently Working On: JNCIA-MistAI

2022 Goals: JNCIA-MistAI [ ]
    Future Certs: CCNP Enterprise
  • Johnhe0414Johnhe0414 Registered Users Posts: 191 ■■■■■□□□□□
    This sounds great!
    Current: Network+ | Project+ 
    Working on: PMP
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • iBrokeITiBrokeIT Member Posts: 1,318 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So quantity over quality? Interesting approach.
    2019: GPEN | GCFE | GXPN | GICSP | CySA+ 
    2020: GCIP | GCIA 
    2021: GRID | GDSA | Pentest+ 
    2022: GMON | GDAT
    2023: GREM  | GSE | GCFA

WGU BS IT-NA | SANS Grad Cert: PT&EH | SANS Grad Cert: ICS Security | SANS Grad Cert: Cyber Defense Ops SANS Grad Cert: Incident Response
  • EANxEANx Member Posts: 1,077 ■■■■■■■■□□
    iBrokeIT said:
    More SEO hits
  • Infosec_SamInfosec_Sam Admin Posts: 527 Admin
    iBrokeIT said:
    I'm crossing my fingers pretty hard on this one, but my hope is that if we bring in quantity first, then quality should follow. At the end of the year, I'll take a look at how it went, and I'll make tweaks if needed. I'd love to make these giveaways a more regular thing - I just need to make sure the boss signs off on it!
    Who we are | What we do
  • tmurphy3100tmurphy3100 Member Posts: 154 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sounds good, let's learn. 
    2020 Goals: CCNA R&S, Cysa+, AZ103, Linux+, Pentest+
  • yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    This sounds like a great idea.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    iBrokeIT said:
    First and foremost  :D  :D 

Secondly, I don't think it's a bad idea. It's an enormous, let me repeat it's an ENORMOUS amount of internet based IT training already on the world wide web. It's several people/organizations that are dominating the IT training store front. 

With that being said, it's going to be (very) hard to be one of the top training providers when it's names that's been known for 10+ years. But I support it. Would I buy a bootcamp, no  of course not but I support what's happening with the growth and expansion of the market and what the organization is providing. Kudos to them.

It's not a lot, if any (no I didn't look) hey I passed X exam because I took Infosec Institute  training. 

Even if you look at the client stories, it's people who work at X company. 

It's not (indirectly) saying Northrop Grumman, Lockheed Martin, SIAC, CAIC, and X company paid us 50K+ to come conduct training in the conference room for 2 weeks. An indivdiual conducting training, can't really speak from the organization as a whole. He/she just so happens to work there. But, I/we know that big companies/military have paid providers to come conduct training, and like myself I was sent to a bootcamp a few years ago where it was only government employees. 

I think it's a good idea, I've thought about it myself at one point in my life.

I make a video on how to do X, Y, Z. I charge $10.00 a video, or I watermark electronic content like Offensive Security does. 

If 1000 People get my content, that's $10.00 x 1000 - $10,000 dollars I made. So, stuff is profitable.  :#

Personally, I don't attend training unless I know people who have great reviews. I am going to get off topic. .But, it's known that Yelp, Amazon, and most other big companies can/will/has altered reviews. It's not a surprise and it's known that people internally/externally have been paid to write good reviews. So, as for me a "review" means very little, if any. I've wrote bad reviews and went back the next day and it was gone LOL.

I said all that to say, good luck.
  • MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    edited November 2019
    EDIT:

My Biggest complaint. .

I really cringe of training providers that attempt to promote or sale you something and no price is listed.

So you want my name, name of company I work for, phone number, and email address just to get a price? What does any of that have to do with a price for training that I might or might not take. In order to remain competitive, in an already dominated market, you have to compete price wise. That means, the price can't be the same as the people who've been doing this for 10 years and they've trained 50,000 people. 

I am sure, IF the bootcamp success/popularity rate grows, the prices will be on the internet anyway.

Seems like you are going to send me unwanted SPAM emails that I don't want. I just want a price, that's it. 

It's been threads on the feelings of people who attend/attended/inquired about training and it says something along the lines of, "Exam Pass Guarantee", but I won't get into that. 
    I wish everyone the best. 
    I would just like to just say thank you for the free training opportunity and if you want to provide discounted training to other InfoSec Groups, please DM me.

In the past our group gave away 15 free seats for the CISSP and a voucher for CASP+ and CySa+. 

Regards
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I like free stuff. Count me in! Got my eye on the SSCP or CCNP at this point. 
  • chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Awesome, would love CISSP boot camp.
  • cat5coffeecat5coffee Member Posts: 1 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool! Would love this! :)
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Just as long as I don't get hounded by phone calls and emails...
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • nisti2nisti2 Member Posts: 503 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Great! Thinking of my next year goals: 
    Fortinet NS4, the new CCNA and CySa+
    2020 Year goals:
    Already passed: Oracle Cloud, AZ-900
    Taking AZ-104 in December.

"Certs... is all about IT certs!"
  • encroftencroft Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All,

Looking forward to getting my CISM and SCADA fundamentals done.

Wish me luck.
  • anthonxanthonx Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not really lucky when it comes to a prize draw but who knows maybe my luck has changed.  Count me in...  I can surely add this to my CPE.
    AnthonX
  • baghdaddy19baghdaddy19 Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Count me in, would love a CCNA boot camp
    2020 Certification Goals
    CompTIA: A+, Net+, Sec+, Cloud Essentials, and Project +
    LPI: Linux Essentials
    AXELOS: ITIL v3
    SANS GAIC: GSEC, GCIH, and GCED
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Woot.  I never win anything but I always put in.  Good luck everyone.  Thanks to TE for doing this. 
  • itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    ...it may be the end of January. I am sure there will be an update.
    I'm working on pulling the list of point totals for the months of November and December, and I will be announcing the winners in the next few days! I'll be sure to comment in this thread when I make the announcement so you all get a notification.
    Who we are | What we do
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well, I'm 2 days too late I think. I just saw this thread and would love an entry, but if its too late.....hopefully next time.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • ErtazErtaz Member Posts: 934 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Where we at boss?  I'd like to know what the score was. 
    The results are in! Head on over to the results thread to see who won!
    Who we are | What we do