GSE Timeline

StormiCyberStormiCyber Member Posts: 6 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I'm going for the GSE (GIAC Security Expert) certification by SANS. My projected time frame for the Entrance Exam (part 1) is between May 2020 and June 2020. My goal for part 2 of the GSE is Fall 2020 or Spring 2021. I currently have completed the SEC504, SEC401, and SEC560 courses. I have obtained GCIH(SEC504) and I am currently working on GPEN(SEC560). After getting GPEN I will be studying to get my GSEC(SEC401). 

I am attending SEC506(GCUX) at SANS Network Security 2019 in Sept. Which will leave me needing only GCIA(SEC503) to sit for the GSE. 
Degree: B.S. in Industrial Engineering
Current Certifications 
: Security+, ITILv3, CASP, CEHv10, GCIH
SANS Courses Taken: GCIH, GSEC, GPEN
Next Course: GCUX - Sept 2019
Studying for
 : GPEN [In-Progress]
Future Certififcations : GCIA, GSE, GCWN, GCFA, eJPT, GWAPT, GWAN, GXPN, OSCP

Comments

• quogue66quogue66 Member Posts: 193 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm taking the GSE lab in 5 weeks.  The GCIA is the biggest piece to the GSE.  You need to know the material and tools inside out.
  • nethackernethacker Member Posts: 184 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also want to pursue the GSE next year but I need to get the prereqs out of the way though. I just passed the GCED and I'm looking at the remaining exams to master the skills needed.
    JNCIE | CCIE | GCED
  • c5rookiec5rookie Member Posts: 53 ■■■□□□□□□□
    quogue66 said:
    I'm taking the GSE lab in 5 weeks.  The GCIA is the biggest piece to the GSE.  You need to know the material and tools inside out.
    Hopefully on the 18th, you receive the congratulations email from GIAC.  I'm looking forward to seeing my name on that list in the future.  
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck to all of you pursuing this goal! GSE is an epic cert to have on your resume. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • Randy_RandersonRandy_Randerson Member Posts: 115 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Keep your heads up and remember to take breaks too!! You are only human :)