Options

Any others Linux only?

yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
edited September 2019 in Linux Security
Desktop has been on Ubuntu since 2014-ish. Work Laptop also Linux for as long as I can remember. I do have a Windows 7 instance in a VM for some Office document compatibility--though considering crossover Linux before EOL next year just take it out back and shoot it.

Free as in freedom, though I've enjoyed the beer along the way.
A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
In progress: OSCP

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    that used to be me! 

I ran redhat and then ubuntu up until 2012 or 2013 then i moved to Mac for my desktop 
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    Swift6Swift6 Member Posts: 268 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Exclusively Linux desktop for me. Had a separate Windows machine in the past for some applications not available on Linux.
    Now that these applications are accessible from a browser, it's Linux only.
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
    I recently bought a Chomebook (Asus C434TA) as my travel computer. I realized that most of the work I needed to do away from home involved only the Chrome browser and Web or Cloud resources. The capability to install Android apps and not need to mess with low-level Linux network and video drivers make Chrome very stable and user-friendly. The ability to directly access the Linux CLI subsystem is a bonus feature to me.

This Chromebook experience has moved me to be closer to the "Linux primarily, Windows occasionally" mindset.
  • Options
    thomas_thomas_ Member Posts: 1,012 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nope, I still need Windows applications that aren't on Linux.
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I run Mac fulltime, Windows for work and have a Windows laptop for some development work
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    prdemonprdemon Member Posts: 54 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Linux only here. Two Arch,one Debian,one CentOS.
  • Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Windows at work, Macbook for school and programming/cert studies. I got a 2017 macbook air for free, completely new in the box and I really enjoy it. I have an HP laptop with Windows 10 that I keep as a backup computer. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration