Options

CSA CCSK cert free for US Veterans

JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,030 Admin
edited November 2019 in Cloud Certifications
US veterans can now receive full coverage for the Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK) exam under the GI Bill®: https://training.cloudsecurityalliance.org/ccsk-for-veterans

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Awesome, I am still studying 
  • Options
    jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice. Good info.
  • Options
    chickenlicken09chickenlicken09 Member Posts: 537 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Best vids for ccsk?
  • Options
    E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,229 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Thanks! I will pass this along.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Options
    jayc71jayc71 Member Posts: 112 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's pretty cool.  I wonder if it's retroactive...  lol
    CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, Sec+, AWS CSA/Developer/Sysops Admin Associate, AWS CSA Pro, AWS Security - Specialty, ITILv3, Scrummaster, MS, BS, AS, my head hurts.
  • Options
    Grafixx01Grafixx01 Member Posts: 109 ■■■□□□□□□□
    jayc71 said:
    That's pretty cool.  I wonder if it's retroactive...  lol
    I don't think you can submit it long after its been paid. Usually what I've seen with the VA supporting this, is you front the money, pass and then they'll reimburse you for it. However, I'm sure they'll have a time frame of like within at most 12 months since you took the test to submit the reimbursement paperwork.
  • Options
    jwdk19jwdk19 Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited August 2020
    That has been my experience also. I payed for the cert upfront and then submitted documentation for reimbursement. 

I was on the older Montgomery GI Bill. I imagine the newer Post 911 GI Bill may have different requirments/processes etc..

I would research thoroughly, as from my understanding (speaking with VA GI Bill rep years ago) cert reimbursement for Post 911 eats up 1 month of benefits, no matter the cost of the cert. Unless of course the rep. was giving me incorrect info or that has changed.