Options

Anyone ever deal with overseas jobs with the company Vectrus?

Comments

• Options
    202202 Member Posts: 28 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @johndoee thank you sir, don’t worry I was still going to take the questions seriously, I just needed to hear exactly what @Speghetty said to calm my nerves. 

Appreciate all the information. 

I just got off the phone with my interviewer, a very nice and knowledgeable man who had a lot of knowledge of networking(so not some random HR employee lol). I was given 23 questions which were not too difficult, however did include some Cisco command line questions as well as general networking knowledge, and I was told I had passed. I’ve been instructed to wait 5-10 business days for someone from the hiring team to contact me.
  • Options
    XepherXepher Member Posts: 184 ■■■■□□□□□□
    202 said:
    @johndoee thank you sir, don’t worry I was still going to take the questions seriously, I just needed to hear exactly what @Speghetty said to calm my nerves. 

Appreciate all the information. 

I just got off the phone with my interviewer, a very nice and knowledgeable man who had a lot of knowledge of networking(so not some random HR employee lol). I was given 23 questions which were not too difficult, however did include some Cisco command line questions as well as general networking knowledge, and I was told I had passed. I’ve been instructed to wait 5-10 business days for someone from the hiring team to contact me.
    Some questions are scripted dependent on where your position is located, one of my friends works at a higher tier and conducted an interview off script before, so i'm assuming the lower tier you'll get the automated questions which change every so often, but for higher level positions, you'll get a SME to ask these questions. You should be smooth sailing as long as you complete all the tedious task. Remember as the recruiters say, don't resign from your current positions prematurely. I recommend at least getting a CRC date.
    V/R

• Options
    WhiteMilkWhiteMilk Member Posts: 37 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hello,

It really hasn't been any recent timelines for anyone deploying recently. 

I am not going to state the country or the title of the position I was hired for. But it's in one of the least comfortable places to be in the Middle East. It's not one of those places where you live off base and drive on base to work. Plus, I don't want to arrive and someone knows me from my username on this site. 

So, here was my timeline with Vectrus:

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/12 Medical and Dental appointments were scheduled

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Besides for the position title and country, I'll answer mostly any questions if any arise. I want to have a comfortable level of anonymity. 

• Options
    I just received my offer letter.

PSA for anyone who is thinking of taking a job in Afghanistan, it seems like uplift is back up to 70%. People were saying earlier that it had to been lowered to 50%
  • Options
    aljaha2aljaha2 Member Posts: 41 ■■■□□□□□□□
    202 said:
    I just received my offer letter.

PSA for anyone who is thinking of taking a job in Afghanistan, it seems like uplift is back up to 70%. People were saying earlier that it had to been lowered to 50%
    Good Day 202,

I'm been here in Afghanistan since 05/2018 and the uplift has always been 70%. 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    WhiteMilk said:
    Hello,

I am not going to state the country or the title of the position I was hired for. But it's in one of the least comfortable places to be in the Middle East. It's not one of those places where you live off base and drive on base to work. Plus, I don't want to arrive and someone knows me from my username on this site. 

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Besides for the position title and country, I'll answer mostly any questions if any arise. I want to have a comfortable level of anonymity. 

Hey man just an FYI,

i know you’re trying to be anonymous and all, but some can look you up in ICAAMS based on your CRC date. That’s if they really wanted to tbh
    V/R

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Hello,

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Hey man just an FYI,

i know you’re trying to be anonymous and all, but some can look you up in ICAAMS based on your CRC date. That’s if they really wanted to tbh
    The CRC date I never provided??

Don't read too deep into the space, three characters, the space, then the twelve more characters after 11/19 Detective.

You would be a great Detective at the local Police Department, a lot of non-guilty men would be in prison right now  :D

I said CRC confirmation, as in my CRC date was confirmed Officer.
  • Options
    WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Hello,

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Hey man just an FYI,

Don't read too deep into the space, three characters, the space, then the twelve more characters after 11/19 Detective.

You would be a great Detective at the local Police Department, a lot of non-guilty men would be in prison right now  :D

There are only so many people in each pool, it would take a little bit of work, but it’s not impossible lol, I wasn’t trying to argue or anything. 
    V/R

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Hello,

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Hey man just an FYI,

There are only so many people in each pool, it would take a little bit of work, but it’s not impossible lol, I wasn’t trying to argue or anything. 
    Sir,

As you know, Vectrus hires off of the same job posting. They might post one job but could be looking for 4 positions off of that one job. 

With that being said, it's currently 19 open positions in Afghanistan and 10 open positions in Iraq. I just picked two "random" countries. 

I think my odds are with me, not against me LOL. 

If you search Vectrus reviews/jobs in any browser (without any job specific titles), this site will come up on the first page. I could be going to be an electrician as far as you know..who knows... My anonymity is still at a comfortable level my friend!

Have a good day. 
  • Options
    BropezBropez Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    This thread is making me pretty nervous about what kind of people I may potentially be working with lol
  • Options
    MHardesty619MHardesty619 Registered Users Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bropez said:
    This thread is making me pretty nervous about what kind of people I may potentially be working with lol
    Have no fear, Bropez. Agent CowJuice over here is just here to make themselves feel like a big boy because they “got a hook up” and want to rub it in everyone face.

From their deleted post:

Everything happened within 30 days from application to CRC date. Yes, I cut a corner or two to get my resume to the right person. I also cut a corner or five with the pre-deployment tasks. With the number of views this "Vectrus" topic has got since it was created and continues to get, NO I am not telling my shortcuts, sorry. ”

Agent -47,

We are all very impressed with you! You are the bestest boy here and are so important! How dare we plebeians even DARE to ask you for your magic method of hitting up recruiters on LinkedIn and already having a security clearance!!! As the self appointed representative for all in this forum thread, I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness. 

Bropez, please don’t let Johnny English over hear give you a bad impression. Nearly everyone in the thread has been sharing information with each other to either help people make their decisions, let them know what to expect, or just advice in general. If even a quarter of the people over there are like the good people posting here, they will make up for the rest being like General Magoo, here.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Xepher said:
    WhiteMilk said:
    Hello,

11/6 Interview

11/8 Offer Letter

11/19 CRC Confirmation 

Hey man just an FYI,

Sir,

As you know, Vectrus hires off of the same job posting. They might post one job but could be looking for 4 positions off of that one job. 

With that being said, it's currently 19 open positions in Afghanistan and 10 open positions in Iraq. I just picked two "random" countries. 

I think my odds are with me, not against me LOL. 

If you search Vectrus reviews/jobs in any browser (without any job specific titles), this site will come up on the first page. I could be going to be an electrician as far as you know..who knows... My anonymity is still at a comfortable level my friend!

Have a good day. 
    They still send in pools you said you confirmed your CRC 11/19 which means you are going within the next 10 days cause they dont schedule out of that.
  • Options
    SpeghettySpeghetty Registered Users Posts: 131 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anyways though I will provide some useful information that the contract has been extended till 28 Feb 2019. 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Question for anybody who has had to get sponsored for a clearance recently with Vectrus. Do they provide like regular updates on the process or is it pretty much radio silence until you get accepted or denied? Only reason I ask is because on other cleared professional sites and reddit I notice that alot of companies seem to provide automated emails so the applicants know say when their case gets assigned to an investigator and stuff like that. Is there anything like that for Vectrus?
  • Options
    brambis said:
    Question for anybody who has had to get sponsored for a clearance recently with Vectrus. Do they provide like regular updates on the process or is it pretty much radio silence until you get accepted or denied? Only reason I ask is because on other cleared professional sites and reddit I notice that alot of companies seem to provide automated emails so the applicants know say when their case gets assigned to an investigator and stuff like that. Is there anything like that for Vectrus?
    I needed a sponsorship. They contact you when they need some info, I wasnt bothering anybody because I didnt have a lot of faith anything was going to happen but everytime I progressed through the process I was emailed. I didnt hear anything about an investigation being assigned but I got an email when I got interim.
  • Options
    brambis said:
    Yes and no. I got that information, but I had to hit up my security officer every month or so about getting an update.

Also, after 5-6 months contact you local US Representative. They are able and happy to inquire about you clearance status with the clearance agency itself. Some people say that it will give you a priority boost because a congressman is looking into it, I’m not sure. I did it and got the clearance decision 6 weeks later.
  • Options
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:
    I needed a sponsorship. They contact you when they need some info, I wasnt bothering anybody because I didnt have a lot of faith anything was going to happen but everytime I progressed through the process I was emailed. I didnt hear anything about an investigation being assigned but I got an email when I got interim.
    They must have liked you lol. I called up my guy and he was like ....”hmmmm....let me see here....ok, your interim was granted 10 weeks ago and you investigation started last month!”

He and I talked more regularly after that lol
  • Options
    teardrop92teardrop92 Member Posts: 16 ■■■□□□□□□□
    So for the people who is in ready to deploy status, do you think they will hear some after the 11/30 once they get the contract extension and will our recruiter let us know about any changes ??because i know mine is real dry lol . 
  • Options
    brambisbrambis Member Posts: 35 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:
    How long did it take you? Also what region are you in if you don't mind me asking? I've heard from other investigators that their workloads are based on the region they are in and can be faster and slower for some people. Also thanks for the replies everybody.
  • Options
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:
    Will vectrus allow you to ship out with interim? or you have to wait for the full clearance?
  • Options
    Also, seriously, I’ve been meaning to mention this. Stay In Contact With Your Recruiter! Half way through the process I hit up my recruiter and asked if the position was still available and he said “Nope! Sorry.”

A few things to take away:

1) Happens all the time.
    They slot like half a dozen people per job because clearances take forever, get denied, and people change their mind.

2) You clearance process may or may not stop.
    I immediately contacted my security dude to find out and thankfully, the OMDAC SWACA contract was one where they would just keep you processing.

Im assuming because of high turnover

3) if this happens, Do Not Fret.
    Like I said, it happens all the time and at worst you get put into a queue for the next open slot. 

Also, you can thank this as an opportunity to find another position. I went on LinkedIn and hit up every Vectrus Recruiter I could find. There were open positions posted and I asked around until I found the right recruiter for the right contract.

Maybe that’s a ProGamer move or just what everyone else does anyway, that’s what I did and got myself onto another contract.

• Options
    Brambis I'm in NC. From me putting in my eqip to interim was probably a month.

202 I think itd be dumb if they did, and I wouldn't if they tried. An interim doesnt guarantee.
  • Options
    202 said:
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:
    Will vectrus allow you to ship out with interim? or you have to wait for the full clearance?

If if you are going anywhere in CENTCOM you will need a full clearance. They changed that requirement last year or something. CENTCOM is basically all of the Middle East to save anyone a Google search.
  • Options
    Also, seriously, I’ve been meaning to mention this. Stay In Contact With Your Recruiter! Half way through the process I hit up my recruiter and asked if the position was still available and he said “Nope! Sorry.”

1) Happens all the time.
    They slot like half a dozen people per job because clearances take forever, get denied, and people change their mind.

I immediately contacted my security dude to find out and thankfully, the OMDAC SWACA contract was one where they would just keep you processing.

Like I said, it happens all the time and at worst you get put into a queue for the next open slot. 

Also, you can thank this as an opportunity to find another position. I went on LinkedIn and hit up every Vectrus Recruiter I could find. There were open positions posted and I asked around until I found the right recruiter for the right contract.

Maybe that’s a ProGamer move or just what everyone else does anyway, that’s what I did and got myself onto another contract.

Great feedback, these strategies will help future recruited and current and returning personnel.
    V/R

• Options
    Xepher said:

1) Happens all the time.

Great feedback, these strategies will help future recruited and current and returning personnel.
    Glad to help. Y’all have given me a ton of info to help shape my decisions, it’s the least I can do.
  • Options
    mizterkewlmizterkewl Member Posts: 122 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Bropez said:
    it's best to not have any expectations.
  • Options
    Bropez said:
    it's best to not have any expectations.
    Yeah just come in fresh and make your own determination.
    V/R

• Options
    202 said:
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:

If if you are going anywhere in CENTCOM you will need a full clearance. They changed that requirement last year or something. CENTCOM is basically all of the Middle East to save anyone a Google search.
  • Options
    202 said:
    Bropez said:
    brambis said:

• Options
    Bropez said:
    Have no fear, Bropez. Agent CowJuice over here is just here to make themselves feel like a big boy because they “got a hook up” and want to rub it in everyone face.

From their deleted post:

”Everything happened within 30 days from application to CRC date. Yes, I cut a corner or two to get my resume to the right person. I also cut a corner or five with the pre-deployment tasks. With the number of views this "Vectrus" topic has got since it was created and continues to get, NO I am not telling my shortcuts, sorry. ”

Agent -47,

We are all very impressed with you! You are the bestest boy here and are so important! How dare we plebeians even DARE to ask you for your magic method of hitting up recruiters on LinkedIn and already having a security clearance!!! As the self appointed representative for all in this forum thread, I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness. 

Bropez, please don’t let Johnny English over hear give you a bad impression. Nearly everyone in the thread has been sharing information with each other to either help people make their decisions, let them know what to expect, or just advice in general. If even a quarter of the people over there are like the good people posting here, they will make up for the rest being like General Magoo, here.

@MHardesty619

I looked at your comment then I sat and decided if I was going to respond. That was hours ago.

First and foremost, it's been a while a long while before someone has come and given any sort of adequate deployment timeline. How far back in this thread do you have to go to get a deployment timeline?! So, what I brought was beneficial information for anyone that has lost hope with: 1. Vectrus 2. The unknowns of the deployment process

So, if you preferred to read information about people not deploying, which is more frequent I apologize.

This thread has been around for a long time. Truth be told, if someone reads the ENTIRE thread all of the questions can be answered. Nobody is going through anything that someone last week, month, or last year hasn't been through.

Joke 1- Keep that same arrogance. Maybe it'll be beneficial for you and your stateside job LOL

If I am going to be honest here, nobody wants to work in a deployed location with an arrogant individual for 6-12 months. Ask anybody here do they want to have that type of personality around them, the answer is no.

I didn't use LinkedIN. I know you know it all, that's cool. But, I didn't use LinkedIN. 

If you don't have a clearance, how can ANYBODY help you? Nobody is going to hire you overseas if your clearance isn't fully adjudicated. All this thread has been about is clearance adjudication. No clearance, no CENTOM job. So, I can' unfortunately help a person with no clearance. You want to learn how to drive and you don't have a license. 

Joke 2 - When your clearance is adjudicated end of year 2020 or beginning of year 2021 send me a private message and kindly ask for assistance.

Joke 3- It's been said before 100 times, Vectrus doesn't hold positions. You think they are waiting a year for you? Jokes on you my friend.

I apologize. I let the sarcasm and negativity of @MHardesty619 force me to stoop to his level of childish games. 

In the end, I am about to deploy, so J.O.K.E.$ on Y.O.U. 

I am done here. 

I wish everyone a Happy Holidays.

Again, I apologize for keeping the negativity going.