Options

Wireless Question

medic755medic755 Member Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited November 2019 in CISSP
The discussion of wireless channels in Sybex 8th page 475 states: "For example, if a building has four access points arranged in a line along the length of the building, the channel settings could be 1, 11, 1, and 11. However, if the building is square and an access point is in each corner, the channel settings may need to be 1, 4, 8, and 11." Normally, only channels 1, 6, and 11 would be used. Are 4 and 8 acceptable in the CISSP exam universe?

Comments

• Options
    medic755medic755 Member Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    And for some reason I can't sign in here as medic anymore.
  • Options
    AzazelloAzazello Member Posts: 18 ■■■□□□□□□□
    medic755 said:
    The discussion of wireless channels in Sybex 8th page 475 states: "For example, if a building has four access points arranged in a line along the length of the building, the channel settings could be 1, 11, 1, and 11. However, if the building is square and an access point is in each corner, the channel settings may need to be 1, 4, 8, and 11." Normally, only channels 1, 6, and 11 would be used. Are 4 and 8 acceptable in the CISSP exam universe?
    I can't answer your direct question, but it did intrigue me, took me back to my networking training, I remembered we discussed overlapping AP channels. Had to do a websearch to confirm what is recommended (which might not be what CISSP wants to see - you know how cert exams are):

Search for "Wireless Network Routing with Multiple Access Points"
    by Edward Tetz

It comments on 1/4/8/11, but provides better layouts.

Side note: APs in the corners of a room?? :#  Really, ISC2 ...
  • Options
    medicmedic Member Posts: 116 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Looking back, I think the answer to my question is that the CISSP is not a wireless network design exam.