Provisionally Passed, CISSP, 11/23/2019

dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed my CISSP after 129 questions

The test was everything I thought it would be, difficult, but not too difficult if you studied everything you needed to study 

A very broad exam, you will need to know almost everything and all is fair game

My resources I used to study included

Sybex 8th Edition
Shon Harris 8th Edition
Eleventh Hour
Udemy Practice Tests
Mudunix CISSP Process Guide
Lukes Study Notes and Theory website 

On a scale of 1 to 10, its a about a 7 on the level of difficulty, imo CASP was much harder than this test

Im going back to get my Server 16 MCSA/ MSCE, but what other high level certs would yall recommend that would give you the highest earning probability?

Comments

• beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did you feel a bit over prepared for the exam since there are so many training materials today just picking materials suited to you has to be the most difficult part of the exam.
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    beads said:
    Did you feel a bit over prepared for the exam since there are so many training materials today just picking materials suited to you has to be the most difficult part of the exam.
    Over prepared, no, as even when I would over study too much of one domain, I would forgot something else I hadn't studied in awhile from another domain,  but mentally exhuasted, yes

Its like you have to know everything, but in the midst of studying everything, youre gonna forget something, its just about muscle memory and covering all of your bases

Youd be surprised at a few times you dont think you need to study something and it comes up on the exam, or you studied something briefly and forgot it 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    beads said:
    Welcome back beads....!!!
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    bigdogz said:
    beads said:

Been a long strange road, hasn't it? And thank-you for the welcome back. Password and account mismatches have been rectified.

Thank Sam, LOL.
    @dandadynamite
    Congratulations!!!
    How would you rate the sources you used for the exam?

Im going back to get my Server 16 MCSA/ MSCE, but what other high level certs would yall recommend that would give you the highest earning probability?
    This depends what domains you want covered.
    Chart posted by @LonerVamp

beads said:
    bigdogz said:
    beads said:

Been a long strange road, hasn't it? And thank-you for the welcome back. Password and account mismatches have been rectified.

Thank Sam, LOL.
    I was going to flag your post as a joke, but I don't have a quick tie into the MOD's  :)    .... and I would like to see you back in action.
  • dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    bigdogz said:
    @dandadynamite
    Congratulations!!!
    How would you rate the sources you used for the exam?

This depends what domains you want covered.
    Chart posted by @LonerVamp

My rating would be

Shon Harris 8th edition (ABSOLUTELY necessary) 10
    Sybex 8th edition ( also necessary) 9
    Lukes Study Notes and Theory (not necessary, but extremely helpful for finding information thats not in those 2 books) 8
    Eleventh Hour ( not necessary, pretty much a summary that can be used in conjuntion with the top 2, also has some information that may not be in top 2) 7
    Mudunix CISSP Process Guide ( GREAT for summarizing the DRP/BCP/Risk Management/NISTs and ISOs) 7
    Udemy Practice Tests( Just good for testing what you knew, buy the tests when they're on sale, which is alot, can be bought in packs of 3 or more)

Id say you could probably pass with the top 2, but the top 3 for sure could get you over 
  • tripleatriplea Member Posts: 190 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Shon Harris 8th edition (ABSOLUTELY necessary) 10

As someone who struggles to read books but loves videos, didnt she do a DVD a while back? so is there a newer version to cover the new 2018 exam?
    edited December 2019
    There is an 8th Edition (2018) ... the book you mentioned, but sadly she has passed on.... RIP Shon
    Some still use the book just like @dandadynamite !!!!
    Thanks but @LonerVamp was the original poster of the chart.
    I can't take credit... but I will take cash !!! LOL