Options

provisionally passed ISSMP

csjohnngcsjohnng Member Posts: 38 ■■■□□□□□□□
edited November 2019 in CISSP
provisionally passed ISSMP today (Nov 25)
material use:
1) CISM Review Questions, Answers & Explanations, 9th Edition  (Mainly)
2) CISSP -ISSMP CBK (did not have time to really study content)

Just study over last week, and very intensively last weekend, focus on the Q&A.
Taking CISM tomorrow.
John
MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats on the pass! What's your IT background? 
  • Options
    dandadynamitedandadynamite Member Posts: 51 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Wow, Congrats!! You passed in a week? Youre a monster, it took me 5 months to pass just the CISSP, you passed the ISSMP in a week, ridiculous
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • Options
    nevermorenevermore Member Posts: 39 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you.  I took the CISM on a Friday and took the ISSMP on the following Tuesday (four days later) and passed both on the first attempt.  With the amount of overlap between both exams, it was an optimal decision for me to pursue one right after the other while the information was still fresh.  I just used the ISACA CISM question database and relied on my experience and I was fine.
    Obtained:
    • CISSP/ISSAP/ISSMP, CISM, GISP, CEH
    • M.S. Information Security and Assurance Norwich University
    • B.S. Cybersecurity UMUC
    In Queue: PMP, CCSP, CRISC

• Options
    edited November 2019
    DZA_ said:
    Congrats on the pass! What's your IT background? 
    I have been working in IT industry for almost 2 decades, mostly working as architects in the past decade, doing architecture, security and governance. 
    Been leading in digital transformation and security transformation in the previous company.
    Industry wise I have been working in a global vendor IXX for first decade and then banking, finance and insurance service for the rest.
    John
    MBA ,C|CISO, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CDPSE, CISSP/ISSAP/ISSEP/ISSMP, CCSP, CSSLP, CASP+, Linux +, TOGAF 9; AWS Certified Security – Specialty, Amazon Web Services Solutions Architect Associate
  • Options
    Wow, Congrats!! You passed in a week? Youre a monster, it took me 5 months to pass just the CISSP, you passed the ISSMP in a week, ridiculous
    if you have been working in the industry and it's your day to day work, then actually you don't need to "study". I actually do the Q&A book as an "insurance".
    for CISSP, because it has more domains (more coverage), I recall the preparation or study is around 2-3 weeks ( less than 1 month).

ISSMP ( 6 domain) while CISM is just 4 domain, hence should be less time consuming and less difficulty
    John
  • Options
    nevermore said:
    Good luck to you.  I took the CISM on a Friday and took the ISSMP on the following Tuesday (four days later) and passed both on the first attempt.  With the amount of overlap between both exams, it was an optimal decision for me to pursue one right after the other while the information was still fresh.  I just used the ISACA CISM question database and relied on my experience and I was fine.
    Yes, thanks. Dido, I feel the same. (don't want to take 2 separate study period and take advantage of the overlapping of domain of both exams and while the memory is still "fresh").
    I have just provisionally passed CISM today (finish answering all 150 question in 3 hr )as well.
    All my recent exams (cissp, ccsp, issap, togaf 9) within these 5 year were passed with first attempt.
    John