Checking for Discounts Before Buying Project+ Voucher

sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello everyone,

I am looking to take the Project+ exam either this week or the next and was wanting to verify if there are any easily accessible discount opportunities before purchasing the voucher. I know in the past some of my study materials through Professor Messer or other sources used to give 10% off. Is there anything like that out there for Project+ to save money? Thanks!
Certs Achieved: CompTIA A+ | Net+ | Sec+ | Project+ | MCSA Windows 10
Currently Studying:
  MCSE Server 2016
Future Goals: CAPM/PMP

Tagged:

Comments

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    edited November 2019
    getcertified4less has it for a bit less.  I've used them in the past and they are great.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • sensitivestoicsensitivestoic Member Posts: 77 ■■■□□□□□□□
    getcertified4less has it for a bit less.  I've used them in the past and they are great.
    Perfect, I had used them multiple times in the past. They're great. Completely forgot about them. Thank you for the reminder!
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• imnewbieimnewbie Member Posts: 30 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I want to know what material are you going to use to study project plus?
    edited November 2019
    imnewbie said:
    I want to know what material are you going to use to study project plus?
    I am using two Sybex materials which overall have been well laid out with only a few typos are invalid answers for practice exams. Most research or others that I talk to indicate these are the only resources needed to pass the exam. Although I haven't passed the exam yet, so take that with a grain of salt :)
    Definitely see if your local library has them first.

Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    IMO, I would skip Proj+ and study for the PMP instead...why?  Just do a search on the job boards and you will probably see a noticeable difference in the number of jobs and salary.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP

shochan said:
    IMO, I would skip Proj+ and study for the PMP instead...why?  Just do a search on the job boards and you will probably see a noticeable difference in the number of jobs and salary.
    True, you are correct, but the project plus will help you to give a good foundation.
    shochan said:
    Well I passed today :)

807/900 Roughly 3 weeks of studying while working full time.

And while I agree with your assessment from a general career perspective- most HR/professionals wouldn't give much credence to Project+- I do believe it is a quick and easy exam to build confidence with fundamentals or for anyone whose responsibilities overlap with project management but aren't the direct manager themselves. I now am excited to head towards PMI CAPM and have the framework validated to know I'm heading in the right direction.

Unless you have a work subsidy for your studies or are looking for general validation as I was, I agree that I wouldn't pursue this exam for its isolated merits.

Cheers,

Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

• shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I attempted to study for Proj+ back a few years ago when the beta exam came out for it, I just found it extremely boring, IMO.  Congrats on your pass!
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
    shochan said:

And while I agree with your assessment from a general career perspective- most HR/professionals wouldn't give much credence to Project+- I do believe it is a quick and easy exam to build confidence with fundamentals or for anyone whose responsibilities overlap with project management but aren't the direct manager themselves. I now am excited to head towards PMI CAPM and have the framework validated to know I'm heading in the right direction.

Unless you have a work subsidy for your studies or are looking for general validation as I was, I agree that I wouldn't pursue this exam for its isolated merits.

Cheers,

Congratulations,  now I am worry. I want to confirm, you just use only two books to study for project plus, I am planning to take it . Did you purchase other study material? Or mock test . I want to plan ahead to prepare the exam. What it is tips to prepare? 
    imnewbie said:
    shochan said:

Cheers,

Congratulations,  now I am worry. I want to confirm, you just use only two books to study for project plus, I am planning to take it . Did you purchase other study material? Or mock test . I want to plan ahead to prepare the exam. What it is tips to prepare? 
    You can see my more detailed post on study tips here. I only used the two books- one which was reading source material and the other which contained 6 mock tests. Best of luck in your preparations!
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

imnewbie said:
    shochan said:

Cheers,

You can see my more detailed post on study tips here. I only used the two books- one which was reading source material and the other which contained 6 mock tests. Best of luck in your preparations!
    How close the mock test to the actual exam?
    imnewbie said:
    shochan said:

Cheers,

imnewbie said:
    Overall I would say the practice tests were pretty similar to the actual exam. If you're doing good on them (ie, ~85% or higher) you should be good for the exam.
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

imnewbie said:
    Overall I would say the practice tests were pretty similar to the actual exam. If you're doing good on them (ie, ~85% or higher) you should be good for the exam.
    Awesome, I will try to study and I will take it Jan 2020. What other certification are you looking to study?
    imnewbie said:
    imnewbie said:
    Awesome, I will try to study and I will take it Jan 2020. What other certification are you looking to study?
    Looking towards PMI CAPM/PMP and Microsoft MCSE Server 2016. Just debating which side I want to lose myself in first. Good luck with your studies as we approach January!
    Currently Studying:
      MCSE Server 2016

imnewbie said:
    imnewbie said:
    Looking towards PMI CAPM/PMP and Microsoft MCSE Server 2016. Just debating which side I want to lose myself in first. Good luck with your studies as we approach January!
    Thank you, I think you should get pmp. It will help you to bargain a better salary