Performance based questions for SY0-501.

rashmi22rashmi22 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I need suggestion for attempting performance based questions in SY0-501 exam. What is more advisable— skip the questions at first and do it at the end or attempt them as it comes. I have a understanding that these questions will take more time. I’m taking the exam next week.

Comments

• MrsWilliamsMrsWilliams Member Posts: 192 ■■■■□□□□□□
    rashmi22 said:
    I need suggestion for attempting performance based questions in SY0-501 exam. What is more advisable— skip the questions at first and do it at the end or attempt them as it comes. I have a understanding that these questions will take more time. I’m taking the exam next week.
     I think you will get different responses based on the individual preferences.

I am going to make it quick and painless.

IF you know the answers, it's no need to skip them right? See, here is the problem I face when taking exams. If I don't know the answer I skip it. Guess what? If I don't know the answers at 9am, at 10:30am when I come back to the question...I still don't know the answer. 

The only catch is, sometimes just sometimes you can find the answer in the questions. To me, this is minimally or rarely the case with performance based questions because it's drag and drop. So, either you know it or you don't.

Personally, when time is running out I just pick answers and hope one of the answers I pick is correct.

So, I don't think any answer is the right or wrong answer as far as if you should skip PB questions or not.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I just took the CySA+ beta exam. All the performance-based items were at the beginning of the exam. I found them challenging and familiar and fun and I did them right away. I also didn't flag any items to go back and answer later.

MrsWilliams is correct in that if you don't know, or can't make a comfortable guess at, the correct answer of any exam item you aren't likely to do better guessing the answer at the end of the exam. And yes, sometimes you might get lucky and the content of one exam item might tip you off to the correct answer of another, but that is rare at best. Just remember that you do not need to score 100% to pass a certification exam. ;)
  • rashmi22rashmi22 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you so much for your responses. It is helping in making up my mind towards doing it right away.