Music that motivates

MeggoMeggo Registered Users Posts: 197 Admin
One of my first jobs out of college was in a call center... 400+ calls a day to people that DID NOT want to talk to me. I couldn't blame them... 

Music got me through that period of my life and continues to be an awesome motivator for all types of tasks in my current role. 

Do you keep a current, public playlist that others might find helpful? Post it here!

Here's mine: 
Director of Product Marketing at Infosec
Who we are | What we do 

Comments

• LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Call me weird, but the old Soviet WW2 songs always get my blood pumping and motivated.

Yeah like I said call me weird.
  • shochanshochan Member Posts: 1,004 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I usually will jam out to some TOOL or get on YouTube channel - Stoned Meadow of Doom and find all kinds of new music from all over the world.  It's VERY NICE!! ~ Borat
    CompTIA A+, Network+, i-Net+, MCP 70-210, CNA v5, Server+, Security+, Cloud+, CySA+, ISC² CC, ISC² SSCP
  • Fulcrum45Fulcrum45 Member Posts: 621 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I usually fall back to late 90's Indie rock (Pavement, Modest Mouse, Sebadoh etc) because it reminds me of when I was just starting college and had very few cares in the world. 
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I generally try to pick something upbeat or has a fast tempo.
  • Neil86Neil86 Member Posts: 182 ■■■■□□□□□□
    usually something trance/ambient like Tycho, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Solar Fields, HUVA Network. Sometimes scores/soundtracks from Hanz Zimmer. For a real pump, Dance With The Dead.
  • DZA_DZA_ Member Posts: 467 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Neil86 said:
    usually something trance/ambient like Tycho, Carbon Based Lifeforms, Solar Fields, HUVA Network. Sometimes scores/soundtracks from Hanz Zimmer. For a real pump, Dance With The Dead.
    I met Tycho in person at a concert a couple times, Scott is a very chilled individual! I love his first few albums. I currently listen to trance/rnb/ambient/hip-hop at work.

• McxRisleyMcxRisley Member Posts: 494 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I usually like to blare some good metal or death metal to help get me in the zone when I'm working.
    I'm not allowed to say what my previous occupation was, but let's just say it rhymes with architect.
  • chrisonechrisone Member Posts: 2,278 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I enjoy synth music , electronic synth beats, movie soundtracks, video game sound tracks, pretty much anything without lyrics so I can concentrate. At the end of the day the music is just to motivate and primarily to block the surrounding noise. 
    Certs: CISSP, EnCE, OSCP, CRTP, eCTHPv2, eCPPT, eCIR, LFCS, CEH, SPLK-1002, SC-200, SC-300, AZ-900, AZ-500, VHL:Advanced+
    2023 Cert Goals: SC-100, eCPTX
  • LonerVampLonerVamp Member Posts: 518 ■■■■■■■■□□
    To me there are two types of "motivational music:" Music that gets me moving, and music that gets my brain going. (There is likely also a personal sub-genre of music that gets me into a particular mood of any type, but that's not worth talking about.)

Music that gets me moving is something that I'd listen to while doing manual labor or working out, things like Metallica, metal, trance/psytrance/goa, even EDM/house. Definite beats and energy.

Music that gets my brain going is something I listen to more often, and includes things like classical, video game soundtracks, and techno/chill music, jazz, movie soundtracks. Essentially, things that relax and/or step just enough out of the way to let me focus on something.

For specific examples of the latter category:
    • somafm.com has plenty of stations I listen to, particular Groove Salad and Groove Salad Classic and Space Station.
    • youtube compilations of classic music (piano, cello, or just other relaxing/concentration sets)
    • youtube compilations of video game music (skyrim, elder scrolls) (side note: also music useful for D&D atmospheres/moods

Security Engineer/Analyst/Geek, Red & Blue Teams
    OSCP, GCFA, GWAPT, CISSP, OSWP, AWS SA-A, AWS Security, Sec+, Linux+, CCNA Cyber Ops, CCSK
    2021 goals: maybe AWAE or SLAE, bunch o' courses and red team labs?
  • bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Nothing like a little 'Welcome to the Jungle' by Guns and Roses when I enter my den and start labbing..