Options

Another CASP+ Pass

fitzlopezfitzlopez Member Posts: 103 ■■■□□□□□□□
I thought I was going to have plenty of time, nope just had about 10 mins to spare after answering and reviewing questions. In the end I just read "CASP+ CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Second Edition (Exam CAS-003)" from safari books online. I just didn't have time to read the other 2 books I was meaning to. My CISSP is old so the 6 hours doing that one seemed harder than the 2 1/2 of the CASP+ although don't get me the CASP+ is a hard exam. Overall I liked the technical aspects of the exam and the management part I got it covered by previous studying. 

I recommend getting some experience under your belt and do labs if they're available.There were a couple of questions that said "this is the output what tool was used" and I had to guess as I don't really do blue or red team stuff. There were also a couple of questions that the BEST choice was different depending on the keyword you focused. So when in doubt re-read the question for keywords.

The first performance based seemed easy, the second one I just did exactly what they asked but I wonder if I should have done more, too bad they don't tell you if you got those right.

Practice your acronyms there were a couple I didn't remember all the letters.

Now to wait for my badge and some betas next year, hope they do cloud+ again because I couldn't do it last time.

Comments