AgileBA Exam is taken online and at home. How does APMG ensure applicants don't use books?

dayo_ajidayo_aji Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
AgileBA Foundation Exam can be taken online at home and it's supposed to be closed book. How does APMG (organization) enforce the "closed book" aspect? If I'm taking the exam at home, who will stop me from using books?

Comments

• nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    More than likely the exam is proctored if you're taking it from home.  You'll need some kind of webcam and someone will watch you take the exam.  This was a common thing when I was enrolled in WGU.    I've been asked to use the camera to show my computer desk to make sure I did not have any notes.  I'm also sure they will monitor your eye movement to make sure you're not looking in a specific direction often. 
  • dayo_ajidayo_aji Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    More than likely the exam is proctored if you're taking it from home.  You'll need some kind of webcam and someone will watch you take the exam.  This was a common thing when I was enrolled in WGU.    I've been asked to use the camera to show my computer desk to make sure I did not have any notes.  I'm also sure they will monitor your eye movement to make sure you're not looking in a specific direction often. 
    What if I use the internet? I won't be looking down or anywhere else - my eyes will still be on the computer screen, won't it?
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I've taken home proctored exams before, well, in my office, and yeah someone is watching you take the exam from web camera as well as monitoring your computer desktop. I've also had to show my desk and sweep the room to be sure I was alone. And for my PRINCE2 exam I was actually stopped twice mid exam while she asked me to show my desk and sweep the room. I was annoyed but she assured me this was her doing and did not reflect any suspicion on her part.
  • nathandrakenathandrake Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You'll probably have to install some kind of agent on your system so they can monitor what you do on the computer...
  • LordQarlynLordQarlyn Member Posts: 693 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You'll probably have to install some kind of agent on your system so they can monitor what you do on the computer...
    Yep, for both Axelos exams, (ITIL & PRINCE2) I certainly did have to install an agent in order to take the exam.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    WGU allows at-home, closed-book exams by having a proctor observe the student during the exam using a Webcam supplied by WGU. Personally, I'd rather go to a testing center for my WGU exams, but the at-home Webcam probably saves WGU money.
  • november24november24 Member Posts: 76 ■■■■□□□□□□
    you will even be warned by the proctor during the exam if your eyes turned out of the screen focus.