Any recent CISSP-ISSEP takers?

H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□

Hello everyone,

I'm curious if anyone has taken the exam recently? If so, what did you think about it and what would you recommend to prepare? I think the last person that posted about the exam was in February 2019. I have the CISSP-ISSAP and CISSP-ISSMP and I want to complete the trio.

I know that ISC2 list suggested study materials on their site, but I'd like to hear feedback from the members here.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I assume you've already searched this site (and reddit) for "ISSEP" for a start. Maybe some new opinions will get posted in this thread. :)

What can you tell us about your experience with the CISSP-ISSAP and CISSP-ISSMP?

Do you also have the CISM and, if so, how does it compare to the CISSP-ISSMP?

• H-bombH-bomb Member Posts: 129 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yep I’ve definitely searched the site and others. But it would be nice to have some new info. (: As far as the ISSAP, I thought it was a tough exam. I actually failed It the first time and had to retake it. For study resources I used the ISSAP CBK and google. You definitely want to know Oauth, OpenID, DLP, SOA, industrial control systems, and cloud technologies. The ISSMP wasn’t too bad. All I used for study material is the CISM QAE DB. I think the ISSMP is easier than the CISM. However, that’s just my opinion. 
  • internutzzinternutzz Member Posts: 15 ■■■□□□□□□□
    edited December 2019
    I hold all three concentrations. The ISSEP was the first one I picked up in Dec 2018 so fairly recently. I just used the suggested reference list for my study material. It was a pretty straightforwards exam with well written, unambiguous questions.

It is supposed to be the most difficult of all ISC2's certifications, or at the very least it's the certification with the lowest percentage of successful attempts (only ~30% of attempts result in a pass) according to someone I know who has been on an ISC2 exam question writing workshop for the certification where he was told this. I actually found the ISSAP more difficult because some of the questions weren't written as well.