Options

Rate my study plan to pass ICND2

psaechaopsaechao Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey team,

I'm scheduled to take my ICND2 exam on Feb. 20. I have three chapters left of the OFG, in which I've taken notes and compiled in a binder to review later. Once I'm finished, I plan on using all of January to go through all the ICND2 topics in David Bombal's Packet Tracer video course ("Packet Tracer labs for the CCNA exam"). At the start of February up to exam day, I'm planning on paying for Boson Ex-Sim. Is this a stolid study plan?
DeVry B.S Network and Communications Management: Completed
CCENT: Completed
CCNA R/S: 2019

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What is your background/experience?
    If you are familiar with Cisco and use it every day, then you should be able to pass. Grind it out more if you are newer to the Cisco realm.
  • Options
    DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Looks like you’re doing good with it. Labs are especially critical to putting concepts to practice if you don’t have a networking or Cisco background. Definitely get the ExSim max, I know it helped me. I would study at least 2 hours every day to really nail down concepts since the deadline is only 2 months away. 
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Options
    yoba222yoba222 Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Bad idea. Only because that's not enough time for a retake if things don't work out. I'd do like Jan 31 if I were you.
    A+, Network+, CCNA, LFCS,
    Security+, eJPT, CySA+, PenTest+,
    Cisco CyberOps, GCIH, VHL,
    In progress: OSCP
  • Options
    bigdogz said:
    If you are familiar with Cisco and use it every day, then you should be able to pass. Grind it out more if you are newer to the Cisco realm.
    Yea... not much real world experience with Cisco, unfortunately. I work in the NOC, but I do monitoring primarily.

DFTK13 said:
    Looks like you’re doing good with it. Labs are especially critical to putting concepts to practice if you don’t have a networking or Cisco background. Definitely get the ExSim max, I know it helped me. I would study at least 2 hours every day to really nail down concepts since the deadline is only 2 months away. 
    Thanks, I hope this is enough. I've been able to understand the concepts from the OFG fairly easily. Hoping the labbing will help solidify my knowledge. I'll definitely look into ExSim Max.

yoba222 said:
    Bad idea. Only because that's not enough time for a retake if things don't work out. I'd do like Jan 31 if I were you.
    That makes a ton of sense. However, I'm in no rush, other than the deadline. Just had a newborn who is 2 months now so I can't afford that much study time.
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    psaechao said:
    bigdogz said:
    Yea... not much real world experience with Cisco, unfortunately. I work in the NOC, but I do monitoring primarily.

yoba222 said:
    That makes a ton of sense. However, I'm in no rush, other than the deadline. Just had a newborn who is 2 months now so I can't afford that much study time.

psaechao said:Yea... not much real world experience with Cisco, unfortunately. I work in the NOC, but I do monitoring primarily.

Then take care care of the little one and lab as many concepts for the exam until Jan 31
  • Options
    bigdogz said:
    psaechao said:
    bigdogz said:

yoba222 said:

psaechao said:Yea... not much real world experience with Cisco, unfortunately. I work in the NOC, but I do monitoring primarily.

Then take care care of the little one and lab as many concepts for the exam until Jan 31
    Thank you for the recommendation, Sir :)
  • Options
    itdeptitdept Registered Users Posts: 273 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I think you need to bring exam forward just in case you have to re-sit. Use Boson practice test and review where you are going wrong