Options

ECIH exam tips

Daphne7_1Daphne7_1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
edited December 2019 in EC-Council
Hi guys! I am looking forward to take my exam on ECIH. Any tips or reference regarding a practice test? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I don't have any information on this certification. I took the SANS GCIH. This has a better ROI and I don't have to curse EC Council again.
  • Options
    TechGromitTechGromit Member Posts: 2,156 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think you need to look at what employers are looking for before you spend money for a course or exam, not to mention the effort required. A job search on Indeed.com, in the Washington DC area, the GCIH certification yields 630 results, the ECIH you only get 16 hits. I can't say if the ECIH course is better or not, it does appear to be considerably cheaper than SANS training, I saw a $2,000 price tag for the 3 day course in Dabai, But the fact remains, employers really don't recognize the certification, so how valuable is it really, not matter how cheap it is. 

Still searching for the corner in a round room.
  • Options
    Daphne7_1Daphne7_1 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    First of all, thank you for your answers. However, unfortunately I could not afford GCIH certification, that's why I chose ECIH. Should I have any chance to choose I would have chosen SANS by all means, but at the time being this is not possible. 
  • Options
    bigdogzbigdogz Member Posts: 881 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Since I have studied the CEH, I would think that the books alone would be the best use of money for you to pass this exam. EC Council does not veer too far off of the curriculum